mark

Default Lost Canadian's boater's license

My son had his wallet stolen at school and had his Canadian boater's license
in it. Is there any way for him to get another copy or does he have to
retake a test. The place he got it last time was not local.

Mark
(The S Hook Guy)
www.ripnet.com/vtf/prod03.htm

Peter Bennett

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:32:55 -0500, "mark"
wrote:

My son had his wallet stolen at school and had his Canadian boater's license
in it. Is there any way for him to get another copy or does he have to
retake a test. The place he got it last time was not local.

Mark
(The S Hook Guy)
www.ripnet.com/vtf/prod03.htm

He will probably have to contact the organization that issued his
certificate - I don't know if there is any national registry.

If no luck, he can just take the (trivial) test again from an other
provider.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca
Matt Lang

wrote:

My son had his wallet stolen at school and had his Canadian boater's license
in it. Is there any way for him to get another copy or does he have to
retake a test. The place he got it last time was not local.

Mark
(The S Hook Guy)
www.ripnet.com/vtf/prod03.htm

He will probably have to contact the organization that issued his
certificate - I don't know if there is any national registry.

If no luck, he can just take the (trivial) test again from an other
provider.

and its not that this test is rocketscience .. you can even do it online ...

matt
Lloyd Sumpter

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:32:55 -0500, mark wrote:

My son had his wallet stolen at school and had his Canadian boater's license
in it. Is there any way for him to get another copy or does he have to
retake a test. The place he got it last time was not local.

Well, the Regulations
(
http://www.tc.gc.ca/acts-regulations...08/csa108.html )
Don't say anything about obtaining a replacement card, but they seem to be
focused on the exam. The Card seems to merely be proof that you've taken
the course/exam. So you should be able to get a replacement from the
people you took the course/exam from.

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

DARat

I dropped my wallet overboard this summer and just contacted Power Squadron.
Since I'm a member, they looked up my file and sent me a new one. I believe
there as a small fee to cover the "Administration" work.

I guess that's one of the benefits of going to a place like power squadron
for
your card...

--
Cheers,
Jeffrey Nelson
"mark" wrote in message
groups.com...
My son had his wallet stolen at school and had his Canadian boater's
license
in it. Is there any way for him to get another copy or does he have to
retake a test. The place he got it last time was not local.

Mark
(The S Hook Guy)
www.ripnet.com/vtf/prod03.htm

Charles T. Low

The Power Squadron touts its alleged advantage that it is likely to be there
for a long time, whereas many of the smaller, private testers won't. If it's
them who tested, they can arrange a replacement card.

====

Charles T. Low
www.boatdocking.com

====