Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
1.156

Default 2gm diesel won't go fast enough

My Yanmar 2gm used to go 3400 rpm -- I did it a couple of times just to
see if it would go the recommended redline. But now it will only go
2800 rpm full squeeze. And at 2800 rpm (either at the slip or under way)
it puts out a little whitish smoke. I've been thru the fuel system and
so far can't find anything that would be limiting the fuel flow (new
hoses, new filter elements, etc).

Any suggestions of other reasons this thing won't go full blast.?

Thanks

UK red diesel costs. Ken Baker Cruising 19 June 8th 04 11:36 PM
Old diesel fuel - two questions Al Gunther Cruising 2 May 30th 04 01:15 PM
uk diesel costs Ken Baker Power Boat Racing 0 May 25th 04 02:41 PM
UK red diesel costs. Ken Baker General 0 May 25th 04 02:40 PM
Diesel outboard? Jack Rye Cruising 4 August 28th 03 08:34 PM