DSK

The condensate contains all of the pollutants which were
in the air. By recycling the condensate you will be
continually concentrating these pollutants into your
drinking water. This is a BAD idea.

BSCHNAUTZ wrote:
nice thought, but you breath in much more raw polluted air than if you drank a
glass of that condenser water that has been run though a purifier ....

besides, that distilled water you are buying...chances are it was reclaimed
from a sewage treatment center before being refiltered at the distillary.

something to think about

I have the feeling that neither of you understand what distilling or
evaporating actually is.

At some point in history, all water on the Earth, including what's
currently locked in the ice caps, has been excreted by some animal...
possibly dinosaurs...

Something to think about.

DSK

JGW

One can only think of the Franklin Expedition where in 1845 all crew died
with the probable cause of death being lead poisoning from the cans their
food was in.
If I was going to drink water that had been in contact with metal coils, I
would make sure I knew what he coils were made of. Easiest way to ensure
your safety, is to have the water tested before you launch.
Jim

"Chris Newport" wrote in message
On Sunday 24 October 2004 4:17 pm in rec.boats.cruising John wrote:

Years ago I had the idea of watering my plants with condensate from my
dehumidifier. (At the time I was buying distilled water for that
purpose.)
Someone knowledgeable told me the condensate was toxic. I have no
recollection of why that was (or even why I was watering my plants with
distilled water, for that matter) or if your filters would help at all;
but the idea is so obvious that it would be done if practical.

The condensate contains all of the pollutants which were
in the air. By recycling the condensate you will be
continually concentrating these pollutants into your
drinking water. This is a BAD idea.

Sweaty people + cooking byproducts being concentrated
with each recycling - YUK.

--
My real address is crn (at) netunix (dot) com
WARNING all messages containing attachments or html will be silently

Garuda

A dino on the rocks sounds like a great drink either with or without lime or
lemon.

John

At some point in history, all water on the Earth, including what's
currently locked in the ice caps, has been excreted by some animal...
possibly dinosaurs...

Something to think about.

I read that in each breath you take in 1000 oxygen molecules that Alexander
the Great also breathed.
Presumably that goes back to dinosaurs also.

LaBomba182

Subject: "Free" fresh water?
From: Chris Newport

On Sunday 24 October 2004 4:17 pm in rec.boats.cruising John wrote:

Years ago I had the idea of watering my plants with condensate from my
dehumidifier. (At the time I was buying distilled water for that
purpose.)
Someone knowledgeable told me the condensate was toxic. I have no
recollection of why that was (or even why I was watering my plants with
distilled water, for that matter) or if your filters would help at all;
but the idea is so obvious that it would be done if practical.

The condensate contains all of the pollutants which were
in the air. By recycling the condensate you will be
continually concentrating these pollutants into your
drinking water. This is a BAD idea.

Sweaty people + cooking byproducts being concentrated
with each recycling - YUK.

The air is filtered so somehow I doubt this. And with the use of an ultraviolet
sterilizer, I doubt it even more.

Capt. Bill

LaBomba182

From: "Eric Currier"

Does the condenser coils on the A/C have any salt or scale type build-up?
I'm thinking that if there is any kind of build-up it would not stay there
long and then disolve into the water you are collecting and you might end up
with water almost as bad as you started with.

snip

Note, that's way I mentioned using filters and a UV sterilizer.

Capt. Bill
LaBomba182

From: "JGW"

One can only think of the Franklin Expedition

!? You must be kidding!

where in 1845 all crew died
with the probable cause of death being lead poisoning from the cans their
food was in.

!? You must be kidding?

If I was going to drink water that had been in contact with metal coils, I
would make sure I knew what he coils were made of.

!? You must be kidding?

Easiest way to ensure
your safety, is to have the water tested before you launch.

I guess your not kidding.

Capt. Bill
Rich Hampel

DSK is totally RIGHT.
A cubic foot of 'clean' air contains greater than 30,000 particles
(equal to or greater than 0,01 micrometers diameter) per cubic foot -
with a great proportion of them bacteria and mold/mildew spores.

Your body traps these particles on the mucous membrane and hair-like
(cilia) linings of the upper respiratory tract .... (making 'boogers'
that you periodically expel).

Without some means of removal (a recirculation fltration, etc.) any
process that continually concentrates will eventually be totally fouled
with 'sludge' from ever increasing airborne particles.

In article , Keith
wrote:

Then how come water was here first?