Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Chris Butler

Default Bleeding The Fuel System...is there a better way?

I just finished winterizing my 2002 1GM10 Yanmar Diesel (that runs on
a Menger 19' Cat boat) and think there must be a better way of
bleeding the fuel system. For the past three seasons I have changed
the water seperator and paper filter on the engine at the end of every
season. Then I begin the huge task of pumping the Raycor water
seperator for the next hour until fuel starts flowing into the engine.
After that I start pumping the lever on the oil pump (1 hour). Once I
get fuel into the lines the rest of the bleeding goes very easy. My
hand afterwards is sore and battered! I have tried cranking the engine
for short bursts with the compression lever up (this does not seem to
help). Is there anyway to prime or help this process along the way?

CARB & FUEL SYSTEM CLEANERS Coff General 1 April 6th 04 07:13 AM
Essentials of a Marine Boat Alarm System Rick Curtis Electronics 19 February 23rd 04 09:42 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT: Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale Marketplace 0 February 19th 04 04:48 PM
Fuel System Upgrade DSK General 4 February 19th 04 01:11 AM
engine paint in fuel system David Ward General 0 August 20th 03 04:20 AM