bob

Default Sea Ray Interiors

I have a 1990 Sea Ray 350/370 and need to find new bedding, i.e.,
bedspreads, sheets, and pillows. Any suggests??

Thanks

Doug Dotson

Where are you?

Doug
s/v Callista

"bob" wrote in message
I have a 1990 Sea Ray 350/370 and need to find new bedding, i.e.,
bedspreads, sheets, and pillows. Any suggests??

Thanks

bob

I'm in Chicago

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
Where are you?

Doug
s/v Callista

"bob" wrote in message
I have a 1990 Sea Ray 350/370 and need to find new bedding, i.e.,
bedspreads, sheets, and pillows. Any suggests??

Thanks

rmcinnis

"bob" wrote in message
I have a 1990 Sea Ray 350/370 and need to find new bedding, i.e.,
bedspreads, sheets, and pillows. Any suggests??

Are you asking for help in interior design, or are you concerned about what
might fit the odd shaped bed?

I can't help you with the choice of colors or pattern. If there is a woman
in your life you should probably ask her because if she doesn't approve you
will hear about it forever.

What we have done for getting bedding to fit is to buy king size sheets and
cut them down to fit the odd shaped bed. The top sheet is easy, just lay
the sheet out on the bed with the top edge aligned where it needs to go.
Mark the sheet down about 12 inches from the bottom of the mattress all the
way around. Connect the dots, cut along the line, fold over a 1/2 inch and
sew it down to make a finished seam.

Bottom sheet is a little more work. Unless you need to full width at one
end I would start by cutting out the elastic so that you had a flat sheet to
work with. Drape it over the mattress, mark about 2 inches below the bottom
of the mattress. Mark the corners by putting a safety pin at both ends of
the curve. Cut along the mark, fold over the last 1/2 inch. Sew in elastic
at the corners.

If you are not sure of the measurements, buy a cheap set of sheets and
experiment before you start cutting on expensive sheets. Besides, it is
always handy to have an emergency set of sheets. Similar process with the
blankets, just cut to a rough size, fold over the edge and sew to keep it
from unraveling.

The comforter can be a bitch. If you are just using a thin spread then you
can easily cut and sew like the sheets. Big "poofy" comforters can real
tough to resize and have them look decent. It may require some creative
work, perhaps ripping seams out and sewing in a strip of matching material
to create an edge.

Good Luck
Rod

bob

Thanks for the tips.

Incase anyone else is interested, Sea Ray gave me the following infomation:

Quality Custom Linens
(ph) 800- 989-4433
http://www.QualityCustomLinens.com

They have all the necessary infomation on most if not all searay models

These folks can make