Default Towing a 30' boat - is it doable?

Hello all,

I am looking at towing a 2003 Bayliner 305. The boat is about 31'
and weighs around 12000 lbs.

I have a 2003 Ram Cummins 2500. My question is... is it at all
feasable to tow this boat? I dont mean on a regular basis, but
maybe 3-4 times per year. Mostly highways.

I think the truck is rated at 14000 lbs towing capacity.

The boat has an 11' beam so I think I may need some special
trailer or permit.

Anyone out there have any experience towing a boat of this
size? Any input at all would be appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance.
-Michael
JOEANDKV

Hell---I haul boats that size and bigger all the time----Just put a sign on the
back saying "Student Driver" hook and scoot---don't even bother looking in the
mirror-(can't see any thing any way---)
Tamaroak

I've been towing a 10,000# 26 footer all over the place from Minnesota,
over the Rockies three times, to the Keys and back and forth to Lake
Superior. I haven't had any problems. I carry two fire extinguishers in
the cab in case mmy brakes catch o0n fire after a long downhill. I check
bearings every time I stop amd maintain tire pressure. I never go over
60 and stay in the right lane. I average passing one car every 300 miles!

I used to get over-wide permits every time, although yours is so big I
would recommend getting them all the time. Also it's not an uncommon
boat and regulators might know the dimensions.

I have lusted for bigger, non-towable boats, but still like the
advantages of towing.

Capt. Jeff