QLW

Default Road Maps

We spend much of our time traveling to lakes, rivers and canals to camp and
sail and I've been using MS Streets & Trips to plan our routes. My program
is getting dated (2002 version) and I'm thinking of updating but I'm not
well pleased with this program. It often does not show the local roads
around lakes and often will not even show rivers and lakes that I know are
there. Lake SWJ in W.Va is a good example. It was finished in 1984 and
does not show up at all on the MS map.
Is there a better program for this purpose?
TIA
Quinton

Leanne

"QLW" wrote in message
We spend much of our time traveling to lakes, rivers and canals to camp

and
sail and I've been using MS Streets & Trips to plan our routes. My

program
is getting dated (2002 version) and I'm thinking of updating but I'm not
well pleased with this program.

We use this one while traveling in the RV.
http://www.undertowsoftware.com/PMSAT/PMSAT.htm

Leanne
s/v Fundy

Just Us

"QLW" wrote in message
We spend much of our time traveling to lakes, rivers and canals to camp
and
sail and I've been using MS Streets & Trips to plan our routes. My
program
is getting dated (2002 version) and I'm thinking of updating but I'm not
well pleased with this program. It often does not show the local roads
around lakes and often will not even show rivers and lakes that I know are
there. Lake SWJ in W.Va is a good example. It was finished in 1984 and
does not show up at all on the MS map.
Is there a better program for this purpose?
TIA
Quinton

Get Delorme Street Atlas $49.00 or with a GPS receiver $139.00
The GPS follows you as you drives, but talks to you if you miss a corner,
just like a backseat driver.
Has POI (points of interest) ie shopping, churches, truck stops, gas
station, post offices etc.
I have even used it in my boat to see about where I am.

Parallax

"Leanne" wrote in message ...
"QLW" wrote in message
We spend much of our time traveling to lakes, rivers and canals to camp

and
sail and I've been using MS Streets & Trips to plan our routes. My

program
is getting dated (2002 version) and I'm thinking of updating but I'm not
well pleased with this program.

We use this one while traveling in the RV.
http://www.undertowsoftware.com/PMSAT/PMSAT.htm

Leanne
s/v Fundy

Good Lord, why would anybody EVER want a nagging GPS in their car,
isnt one wife enough?

Kathy: I told you we were supposed to turn left back there.

Me: I think this way will be more scenic.

Kathy: Isn't this road getting a little overgrown?

Me: Well, they just dont mow these backroads very often.

Kathy: Why are you getting out?

Me: The four wheel drive needs to be used every now and then so I'm
locking it in.

Kathy: Wouldnt the interstate be faster? Don't tell me, now you
think the come along needs some excercise.