Rich Hampel

Default Smith Creek on the Potomac River, Painted portlight screens, and a person named Bob.

Had an occasion last week to enter Smith Creek off the Potomac and
spied a 'spiffy' CSY with a suspicious hailing port of Leonardstown Md.

How come you've never told the 'group' about the beautifully painted
portlight screens? ... many of the famous lighthouses of the
chesapeake. What a WONDERFUL touch !!!!

I met a very nice person named Bob.

:-)
regards
RichH

BTW1 -Please tell Bob to consider to replace the Grand Deer toggle
bolts on his rigging and replace them with forged T-bolts. Those
screwed together toggle bolts can explode and come apart without
warning due to hidden internal crevice corrosion.

BTW2 - your 'dock master' wouldnt have any chance at all at a
'congeniality' contest. Are you all really required to come to
attention and salute the marina office each time before boarding your
boats?

Rosalie B.

Rich Hampel wrote:

Had an occasion last week to enter Smith Creek off the Potomac and
spied a 'spiffy' CSY with a suspicious hailing port of Leonardstown Md.

How come you've never told the 'group' about the beautifully painted
portlight screens? ... many of the famous lighthouses of the
chesapeake. What a WONDERFUL touch !!!!

Thank you - we are both from Baltimore where it is a tradition. I did
the screens on the house we had up there (self taught from a leaflet I
borrowed from the AA Co. library) and the boat screens are a piece of
cake to do once you know how.

I met a very nice person named Bob.

:-)
regards
RichH

BTW1 -Please tell Bob to consider to replace the Grand Deer toggle
bolts on his rigging and replace them with forged T-bolts. Those
screwed together toggle bolts can explode and come apart without
warning due to hidden internal crevice corrosion.

I told him.

BTW2 - your 'dock master' wouldnt have any chance at all at a
'congeniality' contest. Are you all really required to come to
attention and salute the marina office each time before boarding your
boats?

Sam just took over the marina from the previous management. I've
never had a problem with her, but we aren't in the office much.

Thank you very much for your comments. I asked Bob if he'd gotten a
card with your email address on it or something, and he said he didn't
think of it.

grandma Rosalie

S/V RosalieAnn, Leonardtown, MD
CSY 44 WO #156