MLapla4120

Default Suggestions needed for Rat extermination

Hi,
Somehow a rat got on my sailboat. I've tried traps, poison, sticky mats
to no avail.
Any help or suggestions from people who have had this problem would
be appreciated.

Thanks
Terry Spragg

MLapla4120 wrote:
Hi,
Somehow a rat got on my sailboat. I've tried traps, poison, sticky mats
to no avail.
Any help or suggestions from people who have had this problem would
be appreciated.

Thanks

One nonpregnant rat will eventually drop dead and stink, making
catching it easy.

More than that and catching rats might become a new weekend passtime
for you.

Rats starve or leave if there is no food available.

A hungry cat will do the neccessary.

Snares around rat holes will eventually catch it.

Warfarin left out will induce the rat to die at a location where it
can get water.

Fumigate with carbon monoxide engine exhaust or CO2 extinguisher?

Or, tame it and love it. Rats eat cockroaches.

Doug Dotson

Closing up the boat with a block of dry ice inside will take care
of quite a few critters.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Terry Spragg" wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...
MLapla4120 wrote:
[...]

Richard Malcolm

I used sticky pads
got 3 the first night
pretty tough to go and get them when they are stuck on the glue, but I
put some gloves on and removed them from the boat
still gives me the willies

good luck
don't let them die and hid behind the walls as they will stink, I am
told
JAXAshby

a cat. it is what farmers have used for centuries.