Default Walker's Cay

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 14:54:36 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 18:19:47 +0700, wrote:

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 19:38:24 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 06:30:49 +0700,
wrote:
On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 09:28:59 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

trim

No, it's not that. It's more the thought of how
those rich, hoity-toity *******s seem to be glorified
because their wallets are fat. Most, if not all, are
total assholes who seem to think they are entitled
to waste resources, pollute the air and water and
generally act like selfish jerks whose **** doesn't
stink that gets my goat.

Hmmm... is that any different than these poor, hoity-toity *******s
glorifying because their wallets are thin?

Is it really any better to glorify oneself because he/she/it is a
total looser and lacks sufficient brain power or education (in a land
where education is essentially free) to earn a decent living? Or
alternately, is too lazy to work?

After all, the bulk of the U.S. "upper 10 percent" got there through
their own efforts, not through inheritance.

Attempting to point out OTHER dregs of humanity doesn't
make the dregs of humanity in the form of sports fishermen
rapists look more admirable, dude.

I can only assume that you one of those wild eyed vegetarians that
abhor eating fish, fowl and other "living things"?

I've always wondered abut y'all.Given all the evidence that Man is an
omnivores creature. Not only proved so by archeology but by witnessing
primitive societies which invariability eat everything that they can
get their hands on.

So what is the problem with a fisherman going to sea in a boat to
catch fish? After all, it has been going on as long as there have
been "man".

Or is it the luxury that you descry? The so obvious envy for someone
that can own a boat larger than a toy? And who actually uses it to go
somewhere and do something other than just squat there in their
floating trailer.

Um, are you dense? It's the sport in sport fisherman that
is offensive.

It's one thing for a commercial fisherman to make a living
catching and selling fish. It's another thing entirely to
make a *sport* about killing fish you don't even want to
eat. Sport fisherman are trophy fishing. They kill so they
can brag.

That is despicable behavior.

I see.... Ironic isn't it that a bloke that catches a fish is
despicable while a bloke that has built his career on lying, cheating,
stealing, and bad mouthing others, is (apparently) to be respected?
--
Cheers,

Bruce

wrote:

It's one thing for a commercial fisherman to make a living
catching and selling fish. It's another thing entirely to
make a *sport* about killing fish you don't even want to
eat. Sport fisherman are trophy fishing. They kill so they
can brag.

===

That's not entirely accurate in my experience. Many of them do eat
their catch or give it away to friends, family and dockmates. Most of
the large but not trophy fish get photographed and released. If you
see a sportfisherman at the dock with a good catch of Mahi Mahi or
Wahoo, offer to buy some and they will usually end up giving you
enough for a good meal or two.

wrote:

That's not entirely accurate in my experience. Many of them do eat
their catch or give it away to friends, family and dockmates. Most of
the large but not trophy fish get photographed and released. If you
see a sportfisherman at the dock with a good catch of Mahi Mahi or
Wahoo, offer to buy some and they will usually end up giving you
enough for a good meal or two.

I've never met a sportfisherman who did not eat what he caught. If he
catches something inedible or protected such as a tarpon, it's returned
live presumably to prosper as before.

---

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:52:33 -0400, "Flying Pig" wrote:

"Sir Gregory Hall, Esq." wrote in message
news
On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 14:20:33 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

It's just moved to Grand Cay; lots of SF activity there when we were
ashore...

Skippy, FYI, Windows Live Mail is no good
for Usenet. It doesn't know how to attribute
nor does it know how to trim sigs. You should
download a fee copy of XNews or some other simple
but real news client if you care about your readers
and in accurate attribution.

If you're going to partake in Usenet you should
endeavor to do so properly for the sake of your
readers and for the sake of your reputation.

How can anybody be taken seriously who ignores
the rules of the game?

no reply from Skippy gets repeated

Your reply doesn't show up because of the fact that
your mail client didn't trim my sig and everything
below my sig automatically gets deleted when replying
by this REAL news client.

So myself and others like me who use a proper
Usenet client that does things the right way
are all supposed to manually do what your
inappropriate MAIL client doesn't do when posting
to Usenet. We are all supposed to be your baby
sitter?

C'mon, Skippy, get with the program. Stop being
stupid and rude. Like I said, if you are going to
play, then play by the rules. Otherwise take a hike.

Your old .eml format crap is your own problem.
What makes you think we ALL should have to deal
with it? Talk about self-centered and egotistical.

OMG! Time to wake up.

--
Sir Gregory

--
Sir Gregory

wrote:

[...]

Ah. So it's your NEWS CLIENT which is the problem, and why you didn't see:

wrote:

It's just moved to Grand Cay; lots of SF activity there when we were
ashore...

Skippy, FYI, Windows Live Mail is no good
for Usenet. It doesn't know how to attribute
nor does it know how to trim sigs. You should
download a fee copy of XNews or some other simple
but real news client if you care about your readers
and in accurate attribution.

If you're going to partake in Usenet you should
endeavor to do so properly for the sake of your
readers and for the sake of your reputation.

How can anybody be taken seriously who ignores
the rules of the game?

Sir Gregory

I intensely dislike WLM, attribution marks being only one of my peeves.

However, I have archives of this and my emails back to 1995, all one form or
another of *.eml.

Years ago I made a mistake in trying out Thunderbird or whatever it is that
Mozilla calls their client; I was unable to retrieve my mails back into this
format. Thus I'm reluctant to leave it.

If you have a translation program which would assure my ready retrieval (I
use search within the program to find stuff I know I have but not where it
is) of stuff from the past, without any loss of the thousands of archived
mails I have, I'm all ears.

As to my reputation, it's already worthless, so I'm not so much worried as
amused :{))

We hope to return to the Bahamas after a reunion of my national championship
crew (rowing) in October and travels to visit our far-flung almost-15
grandchildren. Then, back in May, for a reunion and honoring by the regatta
which serves as the small-college national finals, when we swept (Frosh, JV
and Varsity), and another grandkid swing, before heading back yet again...

Where do YOUR travels take you in the next year or so? Reluctantly, we've
had two Bahamas visits in 6 months (Bahamas interruptus); one was in a nice
NE breeze of 12-18 knots coming back in mid-September, as seen on our
tinyurl.com/flyingpigspotwalla (you'll have to adjust the date range by
clicking the arrow next to the name at the top of the page, to fit back to,
say, April of this year)...

L8R

Skip, changing out a sink strainer basket/drain today

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not
fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson

On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 15:31:51 -0400, "Flying Pig" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Entire malformed and unattributed mess PLONKED!!!

No, it isn't going to be Scott Walker, either. F*O*A*D General 0 February 22nd 14 08:19 PM
Walker Bay Inflatable [email protected] Cruising 1 September 7th 07 05:30 PM
Walker Hereshoff H28 Matt Cruising 0 January 24th 06 07:44 AM
WTB: Walker Bay 10 Sail kit in U.S.A. Paul Guajardo Marketplace 0 April 27th 04 11:23 PM
Walker Watchman phil Electronics 0 March 11th 04 10:09 PM