posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

Default Teabagger who claimed he was beaten loses in criminal trial

On 7/13/11 6:50 PM, Harryk wrote:
Two charged in scuffle at St. Louis County meeting found not guilty

CLAYTON • Two men charged in an altercation outside a contentious town
hall forum in 2009 were found not guilty of assault after a trial in St.
Louis County Municipal Court.

The verdict came today after a trial that started Monday.

Elston McCowan, of St. Louis, and Perry Molens, of De Soto, had been
charged with attacking a third man who was selling buttons outside the
politically charged meeting, called by U.S. Rep. Russ Carnahan, D-St.
Louis, at the height of debate over health care reform. Carnahan had
wanted aging to be the subject, but many in the crowd wanted to argue
over the president's health care plan.

Kenneth Gladney said he was selling "Don't Tread on Me" buttons and
flags outside the forum when McCowan and Molens attacked him without
provocation.

The two were charged with assaulting a person and interfering with
police, both ordinance violations. The interfering with police charges
were dropped and the trial was for assault charge, for which they could
have each faced up to one year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

The jury deliberated about 40 minutes before returning with their verdict.

"They lost because they lied, it's as simple as that," said Molens after
hearing the verdict. He said since the incident he has received death
threats from Tea Party members, who had Gladney speak about the incident
at Tea Party gatherings.

"I'm thrilled," said Paul D'Agrosa, the attorney representing McCowan
and Molens. "It wasn't tried on the internet. It wasn't tried on the
blogosphere," he said, referring to political groups who wrote about the
incident online, posting videos of the incident and interviews with
witnesses.

Gladney, 40, of St. Ann, declined to comment after the verdict and
directed questions to his twin brother, Keith.

Keith Gladney said the judicial system failed his brother.

“It’s atrocious. It’s obvious," Keith Gladney said. "The legal system
here has come to the point where you can beat somebody up and still get
off.”

McCowan and Molens, each at the meeting for the Service Employees
International Union, claim Gladney was selling anti-Obama buttons, and
that when they confronted him about them, Gladney started the physical
attack by slapping McCowan's hands.

Molens testified that Gladney slapped McCowan's hands a second time, and
that McCowan pushed him.

"Gladney started punching him in the face," Molens said. "I tried
pulling him off."

The attack escalated with more punches and shoves, and McCowan suffered
a fractured shoulder, he testified.

McCowan, a Baptist minister, got chuckles in the courtroom when he
testified that he didn't turn the other cheek because it "hadn't gotten
hit yet."

Four others were also arrested and charged that night.

County Counselor Patricia Redington said charges against two were
dropped after the defendants completed 32 hours of community service
each. A charge of interfering with an officer against a Glendale man was
also dropped.

A Post-Dispatch reporter covering the events that night also was charged
with interfering with a police officer for allegedly failing to obey
repeated commands to leave. That case is pending.

Read mo
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...#ixzz1S1otZn8C

- - -

The incredibly ignorant Scott Ingersoll was touting this case...

This post is just my way of studying deviant behavior. Really, that is
the only reason I bother to visit rec.boats.

If anyone is interested in joining my Facebook Account please contact
me. I promise I will keep all personal information confidential.

Scott Ingersoll of Centerbrook, Connecticut don't bother to apply.
According to the Centerbrook Police Dept you are one sick puppy. I told
them about you sleeping with prepubescent girls, and they told me they
were keeping an eye on you.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

Harryk wrote:
On 7/13/11 6:50 PM, Harryk wrote:
[...]

No, Harry, I'm not interested in you private forum.
And would you please clean up your act in THIS one?

--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

On 7/13/11 8:09 PM, CaveLamb wrote:
Harryk wrote:
On 7/13/11 6:50 PM, Harryk wrote:
[...]

Sorry, Dickie, but once again, you are responding to an ID spoofer, and
your response is precisely the reaction the spoofer wants.

You've been had. Again. Sucks, eh?
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Tim Tim is offline

--

Richard Lambhttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelambhttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress

I really like the layout of the sail boat.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress

Thanks for posting the link.
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

Default Something about boats...

Hi Tim,

Yes, it's different from the traditional old style Catalinas.
But he new 3 digit boats are very similar.

We think Frank used this boat to work out the shape and construction
details for the new series.

I like the beam (9'10"). Makes it really roomy below.

Tim wrote:

--

Richard Lambhttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelambhttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress

I really like the layout of the sail boat.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress

Thanks for posting the link.

--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:30:04 -0700 (PDT), Tim

Richard Lambhttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelambhttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress

I really like the layout of the sail boat.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress

Thanks for posting the link.

Yes, nice boat. The first overnight distance race I ever did on a
sailboat was on a friend's Catalina 27 sometime back in the mid 70's.
A 26 or 27 footer is like a mega yacht compared to an 18 or 19.
Usable size literally increases as the cube of length, i.e., a boat
50% longer has almost 3.4x more usable space.

Enjoy.

Harryk wrote:
On 7/13/11 6:50 PM, Harryk wrote:
[...]

But it's your name that's being tossed around. Sucks eh?

Wayne B wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:30:04 -0700 (PDT), Tim

Richard Lambhttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelambhttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress

I really like the layout of the sail boat.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress

Thanks for posting the link.

Yes, nice boat. The first overnight distance race I ever did on a
sailboat was on a friend's Catalina 27 sometime back in the mid 70's.
A 26 or 27 footer is like a mega yacht compared to an 18 or 19.
Usable size literally increases as the cube of length, i.e., a boat
50% longer has almost 3.4x more usable space.

Enjoy.

Thank you, Wayne!

Funny you mention that.
The boat I had prior to the 26 was a Capri 18.

The 18 was perhaps the handiest keel boat I've
ever sailed. Not fast, mind you. One can only
do so much with a 16 foot water line, although
she was rated as the fastest of the 18 footers.
Slow acceleration due to weight, but she would
come up to speed and keep going. Sweet sailing
and responsive.

I got a standing ovation the first time I sailed
her to the slip. NOBODY else would even try it.

I drew up a couple of sketches and posted them
on my web page comparing the two. The Capri 26
is nearly the exact same boat - just 50% longer
(and 60% wider?).

I've sailed Catalina 27s quite a bit. It's a
nice sailing boat, honest and predictable, and
seaworthy.

But you have to be careful comparing length.

For instance, my 26 is 4 inches longer than the 27!

(waterline length) and a foot more beam (although
the new 270s have the same beam we have).

These new shaped Cats carry the max beam further aft
than the older boats. That's where people load the
weight on, and having more displacement aft tends to
hold longitudinal trim better.
Gives them stronger shoulders.
Makes more room below too.

I'm getting used to the new sails.
We've been out half a dozen times now - 25 to 30 hours
with them. It's does move along better in light wind,
and stays well in moderate wind (15 with gusts). But
I've not had any big wind yet. Nothing that would
require reefing main or jib.

Still looking forward to that.

And, in the mean time, I love piddling with it.
Keeps my hands busy and out of trouble.

--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

In article om,
says...

Harryk wrote:
On 7/13/11 6:50 PM, Harryk wrote:
[...]

The Pedophile Harry Krause of 2015 Rosedale Lane Huntington Maryland,
Phone 410-535-1594 is still stalking me I see. Too bad he is such a bad
liar, first off you ****ing piece of human waste, there is no
"Centerbrook" Police Department..

How is your new information mining effort going on Facebook? Got
anything you can twist and use against other posters yet???
--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!