Default Boating in Canada?

Hi
Are there any links for the boating exam that aren't all just scams? Links
that would help learn the rules and regulation that my govt in Canada keeps
adding, changing, charging taxes for, etc etc.

With the new taxes on canoes and kayaks the Canadian govt means business
this year on the water. They are mandated to collect so much taxes so I want
to be prepared and have all my licenses and boating exam and fishing
licenses and proper vessel licenses. There are so many new taxes now I am
simply confused. And there will always be one that is forgotten and hence
the ticket.

Looking for an online resource to help me learn what will be in the canadian
boating examination. thanks

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

" Tuuk" wrote in message
Hi
Are there any links for the boating exam that aren't all just scams? Links
that would help learn the rules and regulation that my govt in Canada
keeps adding, changing, charging taxes for, etc etc.

With the new taxes on canoes and kayaks the Canadian govt means business
this year on the water. They are mandated to collect so much taxes so I
want to be prepared and have all my licenses and boating exam and fishing
licenses and proper vessel licenses. There are so many new taxes now I am
simply confused. And there will always be one that is forgotten and hence
the ticket.

Looking for an online resource to help me learn what will be in the
canadian boating examination. thanks

Are you serious. Canoes and Kayaks.

On Feb 28, 10:48*am, "Waldo" wrote:
" Tuuk" wrote in message

Hi
Are there any links for the boating exam that aren't all just scams? Links
that would help learn the rules and regulation that my govt in Canada
keeps adding, changing, charging taxes for, etc etc.

With the new taxes on canoes and kayaks the Canadian govt means business
this year on the water. They are mandated to collect so much taxes so I
want to be prepared and have all my licenses and boating exam and fishing
licenses and proper vessel licenses. There are so many new taxes now I am
simply confused. And there will always be one that is forgotten and hence
the ticket.

Looking for an online resource to help me learn what will be in the
canadian boating examination. thanks

Are you serious. Canoes and Kayaks.

There are so many new taxes now I am simply confused.

I haven't heard this.You see, I operate a real Boat, so I only know
what I have to do related to Boat Operation.I never knew they
Licensed, or taxed Canoes and Kayaks.You need to have the Boat
registered to you, have an Operators Card, and have all Safety Gear on
board, according to the size of your Boat. You will find the needed
info in the Study Guide. It's not free, either.

Looking for an online resource to help me learn what will be in
the Canadian Boating Examination.

Sorry, but you will never find out what is in the Exam. You have to
read the Study Guide, and just do the exam.I've done it, but won't
tell you whats there. Sounds to me like you want to " cheat " your way
through.Too bad.

On 2/28/2011 11:28 AM, *e#c wrote:
On Feb 28, 10:48 am, wrote:
" wrote in message

[...]

I assume that all of these new regulations and taxes are Canada's means
to a balanced budget and full employment, and will do nothing to the
absolute safety of a person on the water operating a boat.

"*e#c" wrote in message
On Feb 28, 10:48 am, "Waldo" wrote:
" Tuuk" wrote in message

[...]

My grand (12 years old) son passed the Canadian Pleasure Craft Operator Card
last year.
The sole purpose of this course is to teach you security on the water only.
The design, intent and content of this course is not to teach you how to
operate a watercraft.
This course is given by privately own companies and their have to make a
profit.
If you want to learn about boating I suggest that you take the Power
Squadron courses.
In my opinion this course should be revised in its entirety.

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

In article ,
says...

On 2/28/2011 11:28 AM, *e#c wrote:
On Feb 28, 10:48 am, wrote:
" wrote in message

[...]

If it's like CT. All of the answers are provided before the test in a
little pamphlet of 20 or less pages. Our instructor told us.. "Don't
worry you will pass the test, they make it read easy, just read the
pamphlet a couple of times before you take it. After all, if you don't
pass the test, they don't get to collect your $25 licensing fee... how
hard do you really think it will be". His words, not mine... I aced
the test, and finished first in the class too. About 30 seconds before
the kid that was eyeballing me
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

"Waldo" wrote in message
eb.com...

" Tuuk" wrote in message
Hi
Are there any links for the boating exam that aren't all just scams? Links
that would help learn the rules and regulation that my govt in Canada
keeps adding, changing, charging taxes for, etc etc.

With the new taxes on canoes and kayaks the Canadian govt means business
this year on the water. They are mandated to collect so much taxes so I
want to be prepared and have all my licenses and boating exam and fishing
licenses and proper vessel licenses. There are so many new taxes now I am
simply confused. And there will always be one that is forgotten and hence
the ticket.

Looking for an online resource to help me learn what will be in the
canadian boating examination. thanks

Are you serious. Canoes and Kayaks.

Reply:
About time they charged canoes and kayaks. They use the same facilities as
the power boaters use. They can also help pay for those facilities. On
some rivers you have a hard time launching a boat as the kayakers have
decided to load the kayaks at the ramp.

On Feb 28, 12:29*pm, "Denis M" wrote:
"*e#c" wrote in message

On Feb 28, 10:48 am, "Waldo" wrote:

" Tuuk" wrote in message

[...]

If " security on the water " means identifying marker buoys, having
the proper safety gear, common courtesy, and rules of the road, so to
speak, then that would be correct.
A exam for a 12 year old, is quite different for , say, a 40 year old.
A 12 year old is restricted in power, a 40 year old is not.

On 2/28/2011 2:27 PM, *e#c wrote:

I haven't heard this.You see, I operate a real Boat, so I only know
what I have to do related to Boat Operation.I never knew they
Licensed, or taxed Canoes and Kayaks.You need to have the Boat
registered to you, have an Operators Card, and have all Safety Gear on
board, according to the size of your Boat. You will find the needed
info in the Study Guide. It's not free, either.

Excuse me captain. What differentiates a canoe or kayak from a real boat.

Boating in Canada? Waldo General 14 March 2nd 11 06:43 AM
Canada solves Homelessness or Canada Stinks Don White[_6_] General 10 January 27th 10 06:41 PM
4TheSea boating accessories launches boating apparel line Mike[_8_] General 0 May 14th 08 07:50 PM
Ohhhh Canada Ohhh Canada Joe ASA 5 January 25th 06 11:40 PM
Boating in Canada / Pacific Coast Matt Lang General 4 August 10th 04 09:53 PM