Default Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:12:37 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..
snip

This from a bloke that brags a photo of himself sitting in a tiny boat
petting a pussy?

A kitty cat is a proper addition to a sailing yacht as they will eliminate
any mouse or rat that might come aboard from who knows where.

Do you have a kitty?! I love cats, but don't have any pets right now.

Yes, I rescued this feral kitten and now he's all grown up. He's still very
timid around people and hides when strangers visit but he's a good hunter.
He mostly hunts insects as that is about all that can get aboard. There was
a mangrove snake he cornered one time in the lazarette just forward of the
outboard motor, though. I had to grab it and toss it overboard but it swam
to the dinghy and crawled up along the transom and got in so I rowed it over
to the shore and put it off so it wouldn't keep coming back.

I think if you left off the word conservative, you would have said it
all. Seriously though... I just don't get this liberal nonsense,
especially what goes on in a place like this. How about some reasoned
approach to finance?? Hello?

Well, aren't you sweet! But, you are right; one of these days people are
going to have to WAKE UP and realize that money doesn't grow on trees.
People who don't produce a damned thing are going to have to realize that
they aren't worth a dime as far as payment for not producing a thing goes.
This country is going to hell in a handbasket. Every high school student
should have to read (and understand) Ayn Rand's, "Atlas Shrugged," before
they are given a diploma. You seem so very sensible. If you haven't read
"Atlas Shrugged" please do so as you are very much in the mold of Dagny
Taggart.

snipped to end

Wilbur Hubbard

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 17:45:55 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
snip

This from a bloke that brags a photo of himself sitting in a tiny boat
petting a pussy?

A kitty cat is a proper addition to a sailing yacht as they will eliminate
any mouse or rat that might come aboard from who knows where.

Do you have a kitty?! I love cats, but don't have any pets right now.

Yes, I rescued this feral kitten and now he's all grown up. He's still very
timid around people and hides when strangers visit but he's a good hunter.
He mostly hunts insects as that is about all that can get aboard. There was
a mangrove snake he cornered one time in the lazarette just forward of the
outboard motor, though. I had to grab it and toss it overboard but it swam
to the dinghy and crawled up along the transom and got in so I rowed it over
to the shore and put it off so it wouldn't keep coming back.

Is that kind of snake poisonous? Yikes!

My brother had a dog that went after two killer bees that got into the
house. They chased my bro into the bathroom and he said he could hear
them bumping against the door, which attracted the dog. Munch, munch,
no more bees!

I think if you left off the word conservative, you would have said it
all. Seriously though... I just don't get this liberal nonsense,
especially what goes on in a place like this. How about some reasoned
approach to finance?? Hello?

Well, aren't you sweet! But, you are right; one of these days people are
going to have to WAKE UP and realize that money doesn't grow on trees.
People who don't produce a damned thing are going to have to realize that
they aren't worth a dime as far as payment for not producing a thing goes.
This country is going to hell in a handbasket. Every high school student
should have to read (and understand) Ayn Rand's, "Atlas Shrugged," before
they are given a diploma. You seem so very sensible. If you haven't read
"Atlas Shrugged" please do so as you are very much in the mold of Dagny
Taggart.

Yeah, I agree! The builders around here really took it hard when the
economy went into the toilet. I know a bunch of them through work.
They were scrambling for a while - still are I guess, and those guys
actually made things.

I don't much like our new gov. Brown... too lame-brain liberal, but
he's talking some decent stuff about cutting some of these nonsense
programs. I would have preferred Meg... tough as nails, but she got
sandbagged by the volume of disinformation about the nanny. We'll see
with Brown.

snipped to end

Not painful I hope! :-)

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

Yes, I rescued this feral kitten and now he's all grown up. He's still
very
timid around people and hides when strangers visit but he's a good hunter.
He mostly hunts insects as that is about all that can get aboard. There
was
a mangrove snake he cornered one time in the lazarette just forward of the
outboard motor, though. I had to grab it and toss it overboard but it swam
to the dinghy and crawled up along the transom and got in so I rowed it
over
to the shore and put it off so it wouldn't keep coming back.

Is that kind of snake poisonous? Yikes!

No, they aren't poisonous but they do bite and they have sharp teeth. You
have to grab them right behind their head.

My brother had a dog that went after two killer bees that got into the
house. They chased my bro into the bathroom and he said he could hear
them bumping against the door, which attracted the dog. Munch, munch,
no more bees!

I'm surprised they didn't sting the dog's mouth.

snip

Yeah, I agree! The builders around here really took it hard when the
economy went into the toilet. I know a bunch of them through work.
They were scrambling for a while - still are I guess, and those guys
actually made things.

Yes, while the government grows bureaucrat jobs the private sector takes it
in the shorts. All the more reason to read "Atlas Shrugged" to see where
this all leads.

I don't much like our new gov. Brown... too lame-brain liberal, but
he's talking some decent stuff about cutting some of these nonsense
programs. I would have preferred Meg... tough as nails, but she got
sandbagged by the volume of disinformation about the nanny. We'll see
with Brown.

Hate to say it but Brown's a liberal moron. And those who voted for him are
liberal moron drones. Ryan was the far superior choice, IMO. Instead the
land of fruits and nuts re-elects a has-been liberal failure. Well, that's
the very definition of idiocy. Doing the same thing over and over again and
expecting different results.

snipped to end

Not painful I hope! :-)

Ouch! It hurts NOW, just thinking about it. You're BAD!

Wilbur Hubbard

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:57:52 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

Yes, I rescued this feral kitten and now he's all grown up. He's still
very
timid around people and hides when strangers visit but he's a good hunter.
He mostly hunts insects as that is about all that can get aboard. There
was
a mangrove snake he cornered one time in the lazarette just forward of the
outboard motor, though. I had to grab it and toss it overboard but it swam
to the dinghy and crawled up along the transom and got in so I rowed it
over
to the shore and put it off so it wouldn't keep coming back.

Is that kind of snake poisonous? Yikes!

No, they aren't poisonous but they do bite and they have sharp teeth. You
have to grab them right behind their head.

I think I'll pass on that. Snakes bother me. You would probably find
me trying to climb up the mast if I saw one on your boat!

My brother had a dog that went after two killer bees that got into the
house. They chased my bro into the bathroom and he said he could hear
them bumping against the door, which attracted the dog. Munch, munch,
no more bees!

I'm surprised they didn't sting the dog's mouth.

I think they did and he didn't care. I much prefer cats. They leave
people to their own devices. Dogs just have to get involved.

snip

Yeah, I agree! The builders around here really took it hard when the
economy went into the toilet. I know a bunch of them through work.
They were scrambling for a while - still are I guess, and those guys
actually made things.

Yes, while the government grows bureaucrat jobs the private sector takes it
in the shorts. All the more reason to read "Atlas Shrugged" to see where
this all leads.

That's what we have here. There's no real job freeze going on at the
city level. Something breaks... just replace it. I can see if it's a
safety thing, but one of the cars is a little old? So what. It still
runs. They just don't seem to have any fiscal responsibility.

I don't much like our new gov. Brown... too lame-brain liberal, but
he's talking some decent stuff about cutting some of these nonsense
programs. I would have preferred Meg... tough as nails, but she got
sandbagged by the volume of disinformation about the nanny. We'll see
with Brown.

Hate to say it but Brown's a liberal moron. And those who voted for him are
liberal moron drones. Ryan was the far superior choice, IMO. Instead the
land of fruits and nuts re-elects a has-been liberal failure. Well, that's
the very definition of idiocy. Doing the same thing over and over again and
expecting different results.

Certainly true about Meg. (Nobody calls her Ryan.) Fortunately (or
unfortunately) Cali governors have very little actual power. I am not
thrilled about Brown. He seems to be saying the right things, e.g.,
reducing union involvement, etc., but you can never know with someone
of his political ideology.

snipped to end

Not painful I hope! :-)

Ouch! It hurts NOW, just thinking about it. You're BAD!

A little bit of pain can go a long way! :-D

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

No, they aren't poisonous but they do bite and they have sharp teeth. You
have to grab them right behind their head.

I think I'll pass on that. Snakes bother me. You would probably find
me trying to climb up the mast if I saw one on your boat!

I have folding mast steps so you could scramble right up. LOL! But,
seriously, it was only the one time when the snake crawled aboard. Normally
they stay near the mangrove forests. I don't know if it was lost or
something. I've seen some kind of bird flying with a snake dangling from its
beak (frigate bird??) so it could be this one fell from the sky near the
boat and was just seeking refuge from danger.

snip

I think they did and he didn't care. I much prefer cats. They leave
people to their own devices. Dogs just have to get involved.

Right! Cat people are seem to be more independent, too. Dog people seem to
want to be in control and make the dog sit, lay, roll over and do other dumb
tricks. It seems to be an ego thing. Make an animal do your bidding = being
too egotistical.

snip

That's what we have here. There's no real job freeze going on at the
city level. Something breaks... just replace it. I can see if it's a
safety thing, but one of the cars is a little old? So what. It still
runs. They just don't seem to have any fiscal responsibility.

The bottom line is most bureaucrats really think the money they spend is
"their" money. They think they are entitled to it while they don't even
appreciate how hard people work to get it before they confiscate it. What an
arrogant group of people!

snip

Certainly true about Meg. (Nobody calls her Ryan.) Fortunately (or
unfortunately) Cali governors have very little actual power. I am not
thrilled about Brown. He seems to be saying the right things, e.g.,
reducing union involvement, etc., but you can never know with someone
of his political ideology.

I felt sorry for "Meg" when the liberal press beat her up for that maid
nonsense. She did everything right yet they managed to portray her as some
kind of criminal. Sad!

Not painful I hope! :-)

Ouch! It hurts NOW, just thinking about it. You're BAD!

A little bit of pain can go a long way! :-D

It doesn't seem to bother Bruce. I beat him up regularly yet he keeps coming
back for more. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:09:27 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

No, they aren't poisonous but they do bite and they have sharp teeth. You
have to grab them right behind their head.

I think I'll pass on that. Snakes bother me. You would probably find
me trying to climb up the mast if I saw one on your boat!

I have folding mast steps so you could scramble right up. LOL! But,
seriously, it was only the one time when the snake crawled aboard. Normally
they stay near the mangrove forests. I don't know if it was lost or
something. I've seen some kind of bird flying with a snake dangling from its
beak (frigate bird??) so it could be this one fell from the sky near the
boat and was just seeking refuge from danger.

Oh JESUS!! I don't think I could take snakes falling from the sky. lol

snip

I think they did and he didn't care. I much prefer cats. They leave
people to their own devices. Dogs just have to get involved.

Right! Cat people are seem to be more independent, too. Dog people seem to
want to be in control and make the dog sit, lay, roll over and do other dumb
tricks. It seems to be an ego thing. Make an animal do your bidding = being
too egotistical.

Yeah... Heil the master bs. You try that with a cat and best case it
just looks at you.

snip

That's what we have here. There's no real job freeze going on at the
city level. Something breaks... just replace it. I can see if it's a
safety thing, but one of the cars is a little old? So what. It still
runs. They just don't seem to have any fiscal responsibility.

The bottom line is most bureaucrats really think the money they spend is
"their" money. They think they are entitled to it while they don't even
appreciate how hard people work to get it before they confiscate it. What an
arrogant group of people!

Yes, exactly! It's my friggin money. I'm willing to pay for common
sense things, but I'm not willing to pay for nonsense.

snip

Certainly true about Meg. (Nobody calls her Ryan.) Fortunately (or
unfortunately) Cali governors have very little actual power. I am not
thrilled about Brown. He seems to be saying the right things, e.g.,
reducing union involvement, etc., but you can never know with someone
of his political ideology.

I felt sorry for "Meg" when the liberal press beat her up for that maid
nonsense. She did everything right yet they managed to portray her as some
kind of criminal. Sad!

It was sick. Oh well.. at least she could afford it. Cali is a bit
strange wouldn't you say...

wrote:

snip

Oh JESUS!! I don't think I could take snakes falling from the sky. lol

Oops! I guess I shouldn't have told you that . ..

Yeah... Heil the master bs. You try that with a cat and best case it
just looks at you.

Cats are definitely their own people.

snip

Yes, exactly! It's my friggin money. I'm willing to pay for common
sense things, but I'm not willing to pay for nonsense.

Right on!!!

snip

It was sick. Oh well.. at least she could afford it. Cali is a bit
strange wouldn't you say...

Amen!

wrote:

Well, aren't you sweet! But, you are right; one of these days people are
going to have to WAKE UP and realize that money doesn't grow on trees.
People who don't produce a damned thing are going to have to realize that
they aren't worth a dime as far as payment for not producing a thing goes.
This country is going to hell in a handbasket. Every high school student
should have to read (and understand) Ayn Rand's, "Atlas Shrugged," before
they are given a diploma. You seem so very sensible. If you haven't read
"Atlas Shrugged" please do so as you are very much in the mold of Dagny
Taggart.

I forgot to write you back about Ayn Rand's book. I have not read it
but I heard a bunch about it actually recently by coincidence. I was
having dinner with my aunt and uncle and he was saying that it's about
being an individual who knows her own mind and isn't willing to
compromise her beliefs for other people's benefit. I was sort of
nodding my head, because I tend to go my own way... (you might have
gotten that impression?). He of course knows that I think this, so I
think it was all for my niece's benefit. (She's the most adorable
person, but is kind of hand fed if you know what I mean.) It seems to
me that people need to stand up for themselves, stop feeding at the
public trough, and stop feeling sorry for themselves.

wrote:

[...]

No! Not you. lol One of your finer qualities, if I may say so.

He of course knows that I think this, so I
think it was all for my niece's benefit. (She's the most adorable
person, but is kind of hand fed if you know what I mean.) It seems to
me that people need to stand up for themselves, stop feeding at the
public trough, and stop feeling sorry for themselves.

Yes, they need to lose the liberalism which destroys self-esteem.

I think you'd like 'Atlas Shrugged.' Do you have a Kindle? I bet you could
get it cheap at the Kindle store. I got 'The Fountainhead' for my Kindle.
The best thing about it is the philosophy of the author and how she weaves
it throughout the story and how her characters act to show how pathetic
those who are liberals are and how human and admirable those who are
objectivists are.

While liberals hate the human attributes of the mind and try to destroy
those who love the human attributes of the mind they don't even understand
the depravity of what they do and how they CANNOT exist with men (and women)
of the mind. Liberals despise and attempt to destroy evolved human
attributes of the mind. That's the sad fact and the pathology.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 17:58:42 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

heh..

He of course knows that I think this, so I
think it was all for my niece's benefit. (She's the most adorable
person, but is kind of hand fed if you know what I mean.) It seems to
me that people need to stand up for themselves, stop feeding at the
public trough, and stop feeling sorry for themselves.

Yes, they need to lose the liberalism which destroys self-esteem.

Sometimes it really makes me sick... I was so glad when the House
moved a bit closer to center and Pelosi got replaced as Speaker. I'm
always torn because I like powerful women, but she was/is so extreme.
You have no idea. SF makes Santa Monica look like a hot bed of
conservatives.

I think you'd like 'Atlas Shrugged.' Do you have a Kindle? I bet you could
get it cheap at the Kindle store. I got 'The Fountainhead' for my Kindle.
The best thing about it is the philosophy of the author and how she weaves
it throughout the story and how her characters act to show how pathetic
those who are liberals are and how human and admirable those who are
objectivists are.

I don't have one. I am supposed to get an iPad for my b-day... my
brother (in Germany) was "arranging" something. I'm going to parents'
next week.

While liberals hate the human attributes of the mind and try to destroy
those who love the human attributes of the mind they don't even understand
the depravity of what they do and how they CANNOT exist with men (and women)
of the mind. Liberals despise and attempt to destroy evolved human
attributes of the mind. That's the sad fact and the pathology.

I just wish they would leave me alone.