Default Attention all sailboats in the Key Largo area.

Cut the Mustard is going sailing Monday with a brand new bottom paint job.
Bayside, Key Largo area. Buttonwood Bay and thereabouts.

Challenge me at your own risk. I will, no doubt, leave floundering in my
wake any sailboat up to and including 32-footers.

Wilbur Hubbard

On 1/2/2011 3:26 PM, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
Cut the Mustard is going sailing Monday with a brand new bottom paint job.
Bayside, Key Largo area. Buttonwood Bay and thereabouts.

Challenge me at your own risk. I will, no doubt, leave floundering in my
wake any sailboat up to and including 32-footers.

The term is 'foundering' unless you are a fish.

"slide" wrote in message
On 1/2/2011 3:26 PM, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
Cut the Mustard is going sailing Monday with a brand new bottom paint
job.
Bayside, Key Largo area. Buttonwood Bay and thereabouts.

Challenge me at your own risk. I will, no doubt, leave floundering in my
wake any sailboat up to and including 32-footers.

The term is 'foundering' unless you are a fish.

Negative. It's easy to tell you are no sailor.

In the above context, floundering means struggling while foundering means
sinking. While my blue water Coronado 27 is, indeed, blindingly fast there
is no way her wake is large enough to sink even your typical, flimsy,
oil-canning Macgregor 26.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 07:36:44 -0700, slide
wrote:

On 1/2/2011 3:26 PM, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
Cut the Mustard is going sailing Monday with a brand new bottom paint job.
Bayside, Key Largo area. Buttonwood Bay and thereabouts.

Challenge me at your own risk. I will, no doubt, leave floundering in my
wake any sailboat up to and including 32-footers.

The term is 'foundering' unless you are a fish.

I really hate to testify on behalf of Willieboy but:

flounder ~ verb

1. walk with great difficulty
He floundered along in the heavy snow
2. behave awkwardly; have difficulties
She is floundering in college

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

wrote:

On 1/2/2011 3:26 PM, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
Cut the Mustard is going sailing Monday with a brand new bottom paint job.
Bayside, Key Largo area. Buttonwood Bay and thereabouts.

Challenge me at your own risk. I will, no doubt, leave floundering in my
wake any sailboat up to and including 32-footers.

The term is 'foundering' unless you are a fish.

I really hate to testify on behalf of Willieboy but:

flounder ~ verb

1. walk with great difficulty
He floundered along in the heavy snow
2. behave awkwardly; have difficulties
She is floundering in college

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

You're right... foundering is sinking. Of course, there are flounders
also.

Ah, Wilbur...

Too bad we're in the Bahamas (where we have similar conditions forecast
other than the 75ish water).

However, if we get to the states early enough, we'll have to dawdle our way
north, and we'll be sure to make KL one of our stops...

L8R

Skip and Lydia, doing boat chores as usual before going off to volleyball
for my exercise

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in
boats-or *with* boats.

In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's
the charm of it.

Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
Ah, Wilbur...

Too bad we're in the Bahamas (where we have similar conditions forecast
other than the 75ish water).

However, if we get to the states early enough, we'll have to dawdle our
way north, and we'll be sure to make KL one of our stops...

L8R

Skip and Lydia, doing boat chores as usual before going off to volleyball
for my exercise

Exercise my arse. You just want to oggle the bikini babes.

(Sure hope Skippy hasn't come to grief. Haven't seen a post from him for
several weeks.)

Wilbur Hubbard

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 09:11:53 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
Ah, Wilbur...

Too bad we're in the Bahamas (where we have similar conditions forecast
other than the 75ish water).

However, if we get to the states early enough, we'll have to dawdle our
way north, and we'll be sure to make KL one of our stops...

L8R

Skip and Lydia, doing boat chores as usual before going off to volleyball
for my exercise

Exercise my arse. You just want to oggle the bikini babes.

Hey, don't knock the bikini! :-) Looking is fine, as long as he keeps
his hands to himself!

Since you mentioned it, I just found this one of me from six? years
ago. Nothing like the beach...

http://stashbox.org/1061492/jb2.jpg

wrote:

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
Ah, Wilbur...

Too bad we're in the Bahamas (where we have similar conditions forecast
other than the 75ish water).

However, if we get to the states early enough, we'll have to dawdle our
way north, and we'll be sure to make KL one of our stops...

L8R

Skip and Lydia, doing boat chores as usual before going off to
volleyball
for my exercise

Exercise my arse. You just want to oggle the bikini babes.

Hey, don't knock the bikini! :-) Looking is fine, as long as he keeps
his hands to himself!

Skippy had better NOT stray. Lydia would make his life a living hell. LOL!

Since you mentioned it, I just found this one of me from six? years
ago. Nothing like the beach...

http://stashbox.org/1061492/jb2.jpg

Wow! Thanks for that. What a little cutie! A definite TEN. Six years ago,
you must have been WHAT? about 19?

Wilbur Hubbard

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 16:31:38 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
[...]

Nah.. 9.9, but only on a bad day!

That would be in my mid (to late) 20s. \')

Ok, give it up... how old are you?

Wilbur Hubbard