Default Christmas in the Bahamas

We're still in the Bahamas, where there's nary a snowflake to be seen! Right
now, we're in Georgetown, in the Exumas, and the wind is blowing - but no
cattle lowing!

Today, Lydia and I are going to be singing in a celebration on the beach on
Christmas Eve. We've been thinking of how odd it is to hear the traditional
songs:

Dashing through the surf, in an open dinghy ride,
o'er the waves we go, from the spray we hide!
Our outboard sings its song, keeping spirits bright,
oh what fun it is to sing our boating song tonight!

OHHH, see the spray, crashing waves, water all around,
oh what fun it is to fly across the open sou-ound,
See the spray, crashing waves, water all around,
oh what fun it is to fly across the open sou-ound!

:{))

Because of the nature of how things are here, we can't just jump in the car
to go to a rehearsal or to church. Everything involves a ride in the dinghy
if we want to go somewhere!

Actually, while there ARE the traditional Christmas songs playing on the
speakers from the Conch Salad stand on the beach, we're going to sing the
traditional Christmas carols for our service. Among all the traditional
carols, we're doing "We three kings" with three guys singing harmony on the
first and last verse. Each of us will do one of the gifts verses as a solo.
Mine is Myrrh, as the dark bass.

Hope all here have a blessed Christmas, or had a Happy Hannukah or Kwanza,
and have a happy New Year.

L8R

Skip and crew

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in
boats-or *with* boats.

In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's
the charm of it.

Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
We're still in the Bahamas, where there's nary a snowflake to be seen!
Right
now, we're in Georgetown, in the Exumas, and the wind is blowing - but no
cattle lowing!

You are not in Georgetown. You are probably in George Town. Two words.

But, Merry Christmas to you and Lydia where ever you are.

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"Flying Pig" wrote in message
We're still in the Bahamas, where there's nary a snowflake to be seen!
Right
now, we're in Georgetown, in the Exumas, and the wind is blowing - but no
cattle lowing!

You are not in Georgetown. You are probably in George Town. Two words.

But, Merry Christmas to you and Lydia where ever you are.

Wilbur Hubbard

Indeed!

Merry Christmas, one and all.

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 21:56:16 -0500, WaIIy wrote:

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 13:25:21 -0500, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Hope all here have a blessed Christmas, or had a Happy Hannukah or Kwanza,
and have a happy New Year.

L8R

Skip and crew

A very Merry Christmas to you, Lydia and yours.

Yes, Merry Christmas from Wayne and Diane in sunny but cold SWFL.
We're heading down to Key West after New Years but will probably not
get to the Bahamas this year, hopefully north to NY/New England for
the summer however.

Off to the Bahamas Wayne.B General 50 June 19th 09 03:38 AM
bahamas hotel atlantis hotel bahamas grand bahamas island hotel atlantis hotel in the bahamas hotel in the bahamas adfunk Jehad Internet Cruising 0 February 4th 04 11:42 PM
Merry Christmas A Christmas gift to everyone.. Mudi Electronics 0 December 21st 03 07:44 AM