Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Wilbur Hubbard Master and Commander

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:33:20 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message
. ..

A professional repair is not one using dissimilar metals in a marine
atmosphere.

So, I guess you don't use any zincs on your bronze or stainless steel
propeller shaft?

lol

Wilbur Hubbard

We are not talking about a propeller shaft. Have you ever seen anyone
using a zinc on the boom?

Good try, but I handily refuted your ignorant statement, "A professional
repair is not one using dissimilar metals in a marine atmosphere."

Is not the ocean part of the marine atmosphere? Is not the nobility of
various metals at the very core of mitigating corrosion, electrolysis and
adverse galvanic action in a marine atmosphere?

Wilbur Hubbard

Master and Commander... [email protected] General 26 November 3rd 05 12:48 PM
Master and Commander... Bill McKee General 1 November 2nd 05 01:55 PM
Master and Commander... *JimH* General 3 November 2nd 05 12:28 PM
Master and Commander-No Spoilers Bobsprit ASA 31 December 5th 03 01:51 AM
Master and Commander Bert Olton Tall Ships 3 November 27th 03 12:48 AM