BoatBanter.com

-   -   A sad tale of two wrecked newsgroups (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/116005-re-sad-tale-two-wrecked-newsgroups.html)

Ron[_5_] June 23rd 10 01:31 AM

A sad tale of two wrecked newsgroups

On Jun 22, 6:47*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , David
Nebenzahl wrote:

-snip-

Despite your best efforts. Damned nymshifting troll.

plonk (again).

Whassup? * Steve had to replonk Harry & you had to re-plonk David.
Neither one has gone past my filter on name & email. [and I don't
think I have some overly broad filter on as I don't see replies to
anyone whose posts I care about seeing]

Jim

For me, I just don't care enough to find out why. *Whenever I see Harry, or
"Cliff" from another bunch of groups, or any of the usual suspects, I just
automatically hit BLOCK SENDER, and my inbox drops by about half of its
content. *I use standard off the rack programs, OE. *Have thought about
changing it lately, but lately, I'm busy just doing life, and my time is
more valuable than to waste it on the likes of trolls.

I still find out what I need to learn here and on other newsgroups, help out
the occasional person, and the trolls keep getting shot off the bridges.

Steve

But not valuable enough to continue posting to this OT thread that the
OP hasn't even responded to since the initial post?

Steve B[_4_] June 23rd 10 05:46 AM

"Ron" wrote in message
On Jun 22, 6:47 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

[...]

[...]

[...]