BoatBanter.com

-   -   Tired of the ICW (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/114931-re-tired-icw.html)

Larry[_13_] April 7th 10 02:08 AM

Tired of the ICW

Frogwatch wrote:
My 28' sailboat is now in Stuart, Fl after transiting the Okechobee
waterway but I want to get to Bimini and then to the Berry Is. so I
need to get to Miami. However, I am now very tired of the ICW so I
would like to sail down the coast on the outside from Stuart to
Miami. If I stay within 5 miles of land, will I have any problems
with the Gulf Stream pushing me N.?

That would depend on where the Gulfstream is at the time. It moves and
changes.