BoatBanter.com

-   -   1983 Catalina 38 (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/114893-1983-catalina-38-a.html)

cavelamb[_2_] April 5th 10 01:34 AM

Reasonably priced.

--

Richard Lamb

Larry April 5th 10 04:04 AM

1983 Catalina 38

cavelamb ""cavelamb\"@ X earthlink.net" wrote in news:ac-
:

Oversized jib sheet wenches

How many wenches?! I can only handle ONE, and at my age even that is a
tussle if she's under 35!

If it has many wenches, though, I have many sailor friends to help me
handle them over the "long haul", so to speak.

Can a jib sheet wench cook, water battery banks, fix heads and diesel
engines or is she just for jib sheets?

How much is a Catalina 38 with, say, two wenches around 22? I'd pay a
higher price for that Catalina than, say, even an Amel loaded out 56
with no wenches!

I'm try to type more but my eyes are watering up awful and can't see the
screen from LMAO.....(c;]

If we come to the boat, can we "test the wenches" in the V-berth for
compatibility? Noone here cares if the damned boat will even float if
it has two nice wenches in the deal! We'll take the wenches and burn
the hull!

--
"iPad is to computing what Etch-A-Sketch is to art!"

Larry

cavelamb[_2_] April 5th 10 07:00 AM

1983 Catalina 38

On 4/4/2010 10:04 PM, Larry wrote:

Oh, you are so funny, Larry!
Thank you for correcting my spelling and laughing at me.

Just for that, no, YOU can't test the wenches.

:)

--

Richard Lamb

Bruce[_4_] April 5th 10 01:21 PM

1983 Catalina 38

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 19:34:29 -0500, cavelamb ""cavelamb\"@ X
earthlink.net" wrote:

Passing this around for a friend.
The boat hasn't been listed yet.
Drop me a line if interested.

Tranquility

1983 Catalina 38

Never mind the sailboat... we are buying outboard here :-)

Been thinking about Willie and his cheap outboard.

A bloke, just today, handed me a brochure for a "SAIL" 15 H.P., 2
Stroke, Brand New, Outboard engine - 48,000 baht or $1548.38 in
American Money.
Or a 3 H.P., 2 Stroke, centrifugal clutch, motor for 18,000 baht -
US$580.64.

Stated that "all parts compatible with YMH"

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Wayne.B April 5th 10 05:47 PM

1983 Catalina 38

earthlink.net" wrote:

Passing this around for a friend.
The boat hasn't been listed yet.
Drop me a line if interested.

Tranquility

1983 Catalina 38
In very nice condition...
New (flawless) Imeron topsides.
New bottom job.
Sails 2 years old
Oversized jib sheet wenches
Power windless on foredeck.
New head.
Radar
Autopilot
Airconditoner, heater
new refrigerator compressor
new water heater

Reasonably priced.

Sounds interesting, please send picture of wenches. My experience
however is that initial price is just the tip of the iceberg, wenches
and boats.

Wayne.B April 5th 10 09:50 PM

1983 Catalina 38

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 20:16:13 +0000, Larry wrote:

Wayne.B wrote in
:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tip_of_the_iceberg