Default Salty Dog R.I.P.

Today, a large industrial explosion in central Connecticut claimed the life
of the long time newsgroup subscriber known as "Salty Dog". Hopefully, he's
sailing in the great sailboat in the sky with "Fast Food Fame" Dave. He will
be missed.

"Todd Nosler" wrote in message
Today, a large industrial explosion in central Connecticut claimed the
life of the long time newsgroup subscriber known as "Salty Dog".
Hopefully, he's sailing in the great sailboat in the sky with "Fast Food
Fame" Dave. He will be missed.

Was his real name Mike Manners? Did he used to post using the nym "Barnacle
Bill?"

If so, I guess the flood of anonymous " Cecil Warren, "rapist" postings will
stop.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Todd Nosler" wrote in message
Today, a large industrial explosion in central Connecticut claimed the
life of the long time newsgroup subscriber known as "Salty Dog".
Hopefully, he's sailing in the great sailboat in the sky with "Fast Food
Fame" Dave. He will be missed.

If I can't be your candy man,
I don't want to be your man at all.
Honey let me be your salty dog...

Any of you guys know what the terms candy man and salty dog actually mean?

Tom

Always a shock to hear such news. For the rest of my sailing days,
whenever I'm port to port on a reciprocal course and half mile CPA
with a commercial vessel and I fail to contact them on the radio to
confirm the passing I'll think of Salty. Life is short and
unpredictable and then it's very, very long and very, very
predictable.

The airwaves are going to be a bit quieter south of the Cape. I hope
they have VHF in heaven.

--
Roger Long

On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 20:34:41 -0800, Tom Dacon wrote:

Any of you guys know what the terms candy man and salty dog actually
mean?

Terms like this typically derive from the so-called "race music" of the
early 20th century. Many of the black artists who recorded blues and
country music were able to use terms that combined sexual double meanings
and humor. "Candy Many" refers to a person whose sexual prowess was not
disputed. There were quite a few recordings of the song "Candy Many" that
included lines like: "You must be stuck on the candy man's stick" and so
on. Not sure about "salty dog" but Google will probably be a good friend
in this regard.

"Armond Perretta" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 20:34:41 -0800, Tom Dacon wrote:

Any of you guys know what the terms candy man and salty dog actually
mean?

Terms like this typically derive from the so-called "race music" of the
early 20th century. Many of the black artists who recorded blues and
country music were able to use terms that combined sexual double meanings
and humor. "Candy Many" refers to a person whose sexual prowess was not
disputed. There were quite a few recordings of the song "Candy Many" that
included lines like: "You must be stuck on the candy man's stick" and so
on. Not sure about "salty dog" but Google will probably be a good friend
in this regard.

A candy man was a prostitute's first trick of the day (or first sex, if it
was with her pimp), and a salty dog was her last trick of the day.

On Feb 7, 4:47*pm, "Todd Nosler" wrote:
Today, a large industrial explosion in central Connecticut claimed the life
of the long time newsgroup subscriber known as "Salty Dog". Hopefully, he's
sailing in the great sailboat in the sky with "Fast Food Fame" Dave. He will
be missed.

Just released:

MIDDLETOWN - The five people who died in the Kleen Energy plant
explosion on Sunday included three Connecticut residents, as well as
one man from Missouri and one from Canada.

Peter Chepulis of Thomaston; Chris Walters of Florissant, Missouri,
and Roy Rushton of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, were killed in the
blast, according to a release from the Middletown Police Department.
Colchester resident Ronald Crabb, 42, and Old Saybrook resident
Raymond E. Dobratz, 58, were also killed.

No Mike Manners. Somebody is pulling our leg. Is it Salty?

--
Roger Long

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 18:56:24 -0800 (PST), Roger Long
wrote:

Peter Chepulis of Thomaston; Chris Walters of Florissant, Missouri,
and Roy Rushton of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, were killed in the
blast, according to a release from the Middletown Police Department.
Colchester resident Ronald Crabb, 42, and Old Saybrook resident
Raymond E. Dobratz, 58, were also killed.

No Mike Manners. Somebody is pulling our leg. Is it Salty?

My bet would be on Dobratz from Old Saybrook since the "Dog" seemed to
know a lot about that area.

wrote:

Peter Chepulis of Thomaston; Chris Walters of Florissant, Missouri,
and Roy Rushton of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, were killed in the
blast, according to a release from the Middletown Police Department.
Colchester resident Ronald Crabb, 42, and Old Saybrook resident
Raymond E. Dobratz, 58, were also killed.

No Mike Manners. Somebody is pulling our leg. Is it Salty?

My bet would be on Dobratz from Old Saybrook since the "Dog" seemed to
know a lot about that area.

I can't believe that you goonies believe anything that
Neal/Wilbur/Ellen posts. Just how gullible are you?

On Feb 9, 6:16*am, wrote:

(Something from the "grave")

Hey Salty, nice to have you back. Unless, of course, you are actually
Neal/Wilbur/Ellen.

The Usenet is a wilderness of mirrors.

--
Roger Long

Salty Dog is a liar! redbard ASA 23 September 22nd 08 08:50 PM
Salty... [email protected] General 21 September 4th 08 10:24 PM
Yo: Eisboch and Salty John H.[_3_] General 5 December 31st 07 01:38 PM
Yo! Salty John H.[_3_] General 43 December 28th 07 05:00 PM