Default Salty - yet again re sailtrack system

I'm probably going to go for the tides system. The local loft/rigging shop
will do the work for the same cost as me getting the system direction from
Tides Marine and doing the work myself. Looks like they'll give me a small
discount. They'll be removing the boom, replacing the webbing that would
hold the new slugs, dealing with and realigning the dutchman system, etc.

I checked the Harken system, but everyone I talked to told me to forget
it... it was much more expensive anyway.

It's really important for me to be able to get the main down quickly.

"Roger Long" wrote in message
On Oct 6, 12:59 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
My sailmaker replaced the slides at the batten ends with the very
highly polished S.S. slides intended for the track system he sells
(I've forgotten which). I lube once this summer. The sail doesn't
fall down but it goes up and down well enough that I couldn't justify
the cost of a Tides or Harken system. I was lucky that the stock 7/8"
track on my mast is a good fit for the S.S. slides. You might want to
see if this is an option for your and try it first if your mast track
is the right size.

--
Roger Long

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Salty Dog is a liar! redbard ASA 23 September 22nd 08 08:50 PM
Salty... [email protected] General 21 September 4th 08 10:24 PM
Yo: Eisboch and Salty John H.[_3_] General 5 December 31st 07 02:38 PM
Yo! Salty John H.[_3_] General 43 December 28th 07 06:00 PM