Default Kondo Syokai Marine KSM

There is an Indian shipbuilding outfit that is promoting Colvin
Gazelle's in steel.

Has anyone any experience with this outfit or heard anything of them?

Any opinions?

Thanks

http://kondosyokai-marine.com/

"hpeer" wrote in message
There is an Indian shipbuilding outfit that is promoting Colvin Gazelle's
in steel.

Has anyone any experience with this outfit or heard anything of them?

Any opinions?

Thanks

http://kondosyokai-marine.com/

Ask Joe how well steel floats.

"Jenny" wrote in message ...

"hpeer" wrote in message
There is an Indian shipbuilding outfit that is promoting Colvin Gazelle's
in steel.

Has anyone any experience with this outfit or heard anything of them?

Any opinions?

Thanks

http://kondosyokai-marine.com/

Ask Joe how well steel floats.

Bwahahahahhahahahahhah.

--
Gregory Hall

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 09:21:02 -0500, hpeer wrote:

http://kondosyokai-marine.com/

Unless things have changed radically in India little yachting parts
and fittings are available, off the shelf, because of high import
duties.

My, limited, experience with the Indians were that they were reluctant
to undertake anything new - I contacted Tata Steel to get quotes for
fabrication of pressure vessels and they hemmed and hawed and worried
that they couldn't do the designs. When I stated that we were
furnishing all designs, calcs, and construction drawings they then
quoted a price so high that we finally bid vessels fabricated in
Montana, U.S.A. as they were cheaper, including the transportation to
India.

Things may have changed in India but before I contracted for any work
there I would certainly want to visit their yard and examine some of
their prior projects as well as talk to others who had done business
with the company I was intending to do business with.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 11:56:13 -0400, "Jenny" wrote:

"hpeer" wrote in message
m...
There is an Indian shipbuilding outfit that is promoting Colvin Gazelle's
in steel.

Has anyone any experience with this outfit or heard anything of them?

Any opinions?

Thanks

http://kondosyokai-marine.com/

Ask Joe how well steel floats.

Pretty well. Google on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_M%C3%A6rsk
to see one of the larger hunks of floating steel.

Bruce In Bangkok wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your thoughtful reply Bruce.

If you have not done business with India, you need to think twice before you do. Both quality and business ethics enter into the
equation. I am speaking from personal experience, this is not second hand information. It is possible to do good business with
them, but always face to face and after reviewing the object of sale in person and never enter into a contract of promissory
performance without intimate daily oversight.
Steve