Default Internet (was) Spot checking

PS you can see where we're anchored on our SPOT page,
www.tinyurl.com/FlyingPigSpot...

Doesn't get much better than this - relaxing sail, easy entrance, sheltered
anchorage, and three women around me :{))

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)

See our galleries atwww.justpickone.org/skip/gallery!

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)

Ahoy Skip,

I am sorry If I offend you, But when I read your dissertation on wifi
I thought
you to be an expert. If you have that old system, I'll buy it from
you.
Or if you would like to keep it a backup I will set it up for you.
It's really
not that hard.
Have a safe trip
Fair Winds
Dave

" wrote in message
Ahoy Skip,

I am sorry If I offend you, But when I read your dissertation on wifi
I thought
you to be an expert. If you have that old system, I'll buy it from
you.
Or if you would like to keep it a backup I will set it up for you.
It's really
not that hard.
Have a safe trip
Fair Winds
Dave

Hi, Dave,

No offense whatsoever - just trying to let those looking on realize that
unless you're very handy network wise, you could be in very deep water if
you try to do a homebrew.

The old system being the Senao or the LiteStation2? I happen to have both.

And, both are available - but we're leaving in a few minutes to head to the
Abacos. The two senaos, with their AC power supplies, the rubber duck and
pigtail for what was supposed to be my distribution side (no pigtail on the
incoming side; I used it for the LiteStation2), and a 48V Linksys POE (pix
in my gallery of the installation, if you like), you could have for a dinner
ashore. I don't recommend them. If you happened to be around at the time,
and also looked in on several computer newsgroups, you'll see that questions
at the time produced multitudes of non-answers, and even a guy who said he'd
actually set up and used, very successfully, Senao pairs. Following EXACTLY
what he said to do still didn't work...

The LiteStation system, complete other than for an antenna (ship power POE,
80' Cat5 (straight - the Senao required a crossover, but I made both up -
and, of course, the crossover is up the mast), Cat5 pigtail for the computer
or to put to a router, NEMA aluminum box and appropriate protections for the
LiteStation2 board, pigtail to N, and the lightning arrestor - along with a
short piece of wire with a resistor so you can test it out without using an
actual antenna; I used that pigtail when I was testing out the bullet), what
I used very successfully all last year and up until the middle of this year
when I installed the bullet on a arm out the side of the top of the mast,
you can have for a boat buck. Of course, since I didn't need help with THAT
system, it won't need instruction; having taken down the NEMA assembly, I
don't know that I'd want to keep it as a backup :{))

All the gribs and reports suggest a perfect crossing and trip down the banks
and inside (turns out we can't get into Walkers, we're going further, to
Spanish) with SW 10 nearly all the way...

I'm off to pour the coffee and get the anchor up; fueling shortly and then
we're off. Look for the SPOT to reactivate very soon...

L8R

Skip

Checking in Ron Wilson Cruising 9 February 21st 09 07:48 AM
Checking in.. [email protected] General 16 December 19th 07 01:24 AM
Bobsprit Checking In Capt. Rob ASA 7 November 7th 07 08:59 PM
Just checking Tom G General 2 May 3rd 06 01:27 AM
Checking In Michael ASA 31 June 8th 04 11:29 PM