Default Zak gets interviewed- Gun model

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 08:05:56 -0500, Richard Casady
wrote:

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 04:31:01 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

A 25mm flare shell makes a penetration a little larger than 25mm on
entry into the human body, but burns its way thru the body until who
knows how big the hole is coming out the back side.

And you know this how? I suspect that the projectile will not
penetrate much. It is not lead, it is a pellet of fireworks, and the
stuff used is not dense.

Casady

I was going to post the question about how dangerous flares actually
are?

I've seen the movie scenes about the guy getting shot with the flare
and I also recall seeing something like "myth busters" that showed
that flares are really not very dangerous at all.

Does anyone know any facts about the question?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

wrote:

A 25mm flare shell makes a penetration a little larger than 25mm on
entry into the human body, but burns its way thru the body until who
knows how big the hole is coming out the back side.

And you know this how? I suspect that the projectile will not
penetrate much. It is not lead, it is a pellet of fireworks, and the
stuff used is not dense.

Casady

I was going to post the question about how dangerous flares actually
are?

I've seen the movie scenes about the guy getting shot with the flare
and I also recall seeing something like "myth busters" that showed
that flares are really not very dangerous at all.

Does anyone know any facts about the question?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

I don't know about the 'facts", but from personal experience I "know"
that a 12 gauge flare fired at a guy wearing a denim jacket will usually
bounce off
and scatter.
Regards,
JR

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:04:00 -0400, "JR" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

That is roughly what the "myth busters" show that I vaguely remember
showed.

By the way, a S. African bloke here builds a sort of slide action
device using stainless pipe or tubing that will fire either 12 gauge
flares or shotgun shells.

It is a couple of pieces of tubing that slide together. You drop the
shell in one tube and slide the other over it. Slam the two tubes
together hard enough and the thing fires.

He reckons that since it is in the flare kit and is logically a part
of the kit it will get past an inspection where a cut down shotgun
wouldn't.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Brig Fair American - semi-assembled wooden sailing ship model - Model Shipways Kit [EBay] Bruce Duty Tall Ships 0 September 1st 08 09:12 PM
Model Ship Gil J[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 2 June 1st 08 05:31 PM
Model Materials Sal's Dad Boat Building 6 February 5th 06 07:51 PM
Model Materials Sal's Dad Boat Building 0 February 3rd 06 07:44 PM
An Authentic Collectible Ship Model win hearts of many with beautiful exclusive hand built model ships from scratch. Yahya General 5 November 11th 04 07:46 PM