posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

Default Key Largo, FL - Reefs, Pubs and Good Music

We've been anchored south of Key Largo in the eastern FL Keys for the
last two days and there is a lot to see here. Three of the best
snorkeling/diving reefs in the FL Keys are within a few miles of here,
two down and one to go. This afternoon after snorkeling Pickles Reef
we anchored about a mile south of Snapper's restaurant in Key Largo
and took the dinghy in for dinner and a few tropical libations at
their Turtle Club Pub on the water. The Turtle Club is one of those
way cool tropical watering spots with good food, good music, good
drinks and a few other attractions like a school of hungry Tarpon who
show up on cue after dinner. The musical group playing tonight was
"Ernie Southern and the Deltaholics" who are a really fine guitar and
harmonica blues band - really, really good if you ever get a chance to
catch their act. We bought a few CDs and left a generous tip.

If anyone here knows how to book a group into one of the Nashville
pubs, these guys deserve a break.

http://www.erniesouthern.com/

http://www.myspace.com/httpmyspacecomerniesouthern

http://www.sonicbids.com/epk/epk.aspx?epk_id=50699&poll_id=&name=&skin_id=&subm ission_id=&lv=1

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

Wayne.B wrote in
:

If anyone here knows how to book a group into one of the Nashville
pubs, these guys deserve a break.

http://www.erniesouthern.com/

http://www.myspace.com/httpmyspacecomerniesouthern

http://www.sonicbids.com/epk/epk.asp...id=&name=&skin
_id=&submission_id=&lv=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FQEkegE6Ic

They're from Ft Pierce. Heard them in a drunken brawl in Daytona Beach...
(c;] One of our guys fell into some bushes on the way back to the boat,
all cut up and trailing blood. What a great night....(c;]

Ernie and crew sound MUCH better near midnight after half a gallon of beer
and some Bloody Marys....hee hee.

Some little blonde in short shorts started stripping on the dance floor,
but that's another story......

Sure glad we weren't going to sea the next morning....ohhhhhh...8 bells was
torture! I didn't remember that deck clock being that LOUD!

--
-----
Larry

If a man goes way out into the woods all alone and says something,
is it still wrong, even though no woman hears him?

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 12:33:52 +0000, Larry wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FQEkegE6Ic

They're from Ft Pierce. Heard them in a drunken brawl in Daytona Beach...
(c;] One of our guys fell into some bushes on the way back to the boat,
all cut up and trailing blood. What a great night....(c;]

Ernie and crew sound MUCH better near midnight after half a gallon of beer
and some Bloody Marys....hee hee.

They've added a harmonica player since then with some fantastic blues
riffs. I just listened to one of their CDs this morning over
breakfast and a cup of coffee and they still sound great.