Default Sail catcher/lazy jack

On my first sailboat the previous owner had rigged a very simple sail
catcher. I think he referred to it as a "Swedish Loop" or something
like that. My son has his first boat and there are no lazy jacks so I
thought I would give this a try.

If I recall correctly a piece of line is run to a point a foot or so
up the back of the main (maybe to a reefing point) then it affixes to
the end of the boom. When the sail is lowered the "loop" creates a
pocket of sorts with the main and the rest of the sail folds into this
pocket.

If anyone is familar with this set up I would appreciate getting more
details on how to rig it.

Thanks, Jerry

"Gerald Atkin" wrote:
On my first sailboat the previous owner had rigged a very simple
sail
catcher. I think he referred to it as a "Swedish Loop" or something
like that. My son has his first boat and there are no lazy jacks so
thought I would give this a try.

If I recall correctly a piece of line is run to a point a foot or so
up the back of the main (maybe to a reefing point) then it affixes
the end of the boom. When the sail is lowered the "loop" creates a
pocket of sorts with the main and the rest of the sail folds into
this
pocket.

If anyone is familar with this set up I would appreciate getting
more
details on how to rig it.

Take alook at this:

http://tinyurl.com/ny3fmm