Default Yanmar 2QM15

Working through the checklist, today I replaced the raw water impeller.
While doing so I notice that the hose from the impeller to... wherever
it goes (not being too technical), is leaking a little just after the
hose-clip at the impeller. The clamp may have been done up too tight,
and the hose is damaged. The system still works, but I feel I should
replace it before it gets any worse.

The problem I have is that nowhere in the manual does it say what size
this hose is, nor what type it should be. The current one is a soft
rubber with no reinforcement. The clip on each end says 20mm, I don't
know whether to get a length of 20mm hose and force it if it's too
small, or clamp it tight if it's too large (risking the same problem).
I'd rather get the right size.

Anyone out there got a 2QM15 can help me out here? Or can someone tell
me where I can find out what the correct size is?

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

"Justin C" wrote in message
[...]

If inlet and outlet are the same, then page 11-12 of
http://www.motoren.ath.cx/download.p...m15service.pdf
should help [ viz. rubber hose - 13mm inside dia. 20mm outside dia ]

Alisdair
http://sailing.agurney.com/

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 21:43:38 +0100, Justin C
wrote:

[...]

If the hose is not a custom Yanmar part, such as a molded bend, just
measure the hose (or take it off) and go to a marine store, or even an
auto parts store, and get a similar bit of hose.

If it is a fancy molded part, you'll probably have to go to Yanmar to
get the correct replacement (although a good auto parts shop may be
able to find something suitable.)
--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

"Justin C" wrote in message
[...]

Take the hose off the pump and measure the metal outlet of the pump, which
will tell you what bore you need.
The best hose to use would be a transparant plastic one with a plastic
spiral reinforcement running through it.
If this hose is a bit tight to fit on just immerse the end in hot water for
a fe minutes and it will go on easily and harden up when it cools.
Do not get one with a metal reinforcement as the clips will not compress
such hose enough to make a reliable seal.

In article , Edgar wrote:

"Justin C" wrote in message
[...]

That's useful information thank you. Alisdair has very helpfully
furnished me with a source for the correct size, as specified by the
manufacturer. But the heating suggestion could be useful for fitting.
Thank you.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.