Default Hey Cavelamb - re diesel

Here are some pics of the duel filter system I have on my W13.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG wrote:
Here are some pics of the duel filter system I have on my W13.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Nicely done.
I especially like the "control panel" for the valves.
It's nice to have everything right where you need it.

I'm still thinking about the diesel, but a couple of things have come together
this weekend to make it not quite so high of a priority,

One, I figured out a (potential) way to steer the outboard for close
maneuvering. It's not going to be as tedious as I expected.

Second, we almost sank a diesel C27!
Well, not really almost sank it, but we did have 3 or 4 inches of water
above the cabin sole due to a soft packing gland.

We got caught by a thunder bumper with rain and 30+ winds.
There were a few visible lightning hits on the lake - but not too close.

Then the jib tack line parted, so the skipper rolled up the jib sail
and started the engine.

Fifteen minutes later we noticed the cabin was sloshing rather dramatically!
The bilge pump was pumping, and all the other thru-hulls were closed.
So we shut down the engine and went and fixed the tack line so we could get
some jib back out. (!)

In ten or fifteen minutes the cabin was once again dry.

But for a while there...

I spent the rest of the weekend back on my own boat - with nice bone dry bilges.

Richard

Looking for a diesel launch or 24ft or smaller cc diesel Ratliff Logging and Management General 3 October 14th 10 04:38 AM
$3.99 diesel... HK General 20 March 15th 08 05:19 PM
Ping Cavelamb, himself Skip Gundlach Cruising 1 November 21st 07 06:57 PM
Old diesel dave Boat Building 3 September 30th 03 09:59 PM