Default Sanyo SK-7S Space Saving Toasty Oven, Silver

List Price:$69.99
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B00006JL02
Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00006JL02

a great purchase! love the design and very functional. works well as a toaster but could use some refinement as an oven toaster. its oven-like capabilities are limited. there are no oven temperature settings. you wind the time module and let it run.
Just bought this toaster 2 months ago and have it is just perfect for our apartment space.It's not slow at all not sure what some people meant in the customer review.It is small and at times we have to cut up the bread to fit; but that's okay.Design is cute too. But bottom line; efficient. In one review I read someone had this for 12-14 years- worth getting one.
**Before I go further, I must preface my review with the fact that I've used toaster ovens most of my life for toasting, not toasters, and my last toasting implement before this one was, indeed, a toaster oven. For the life of me, I cannot understand what all the 5-star reviews are about. This item is just a glorified toaster -- a poorly designed one, at that -- and can't do anything a wide mouth toaster couldn't do. The name "toasty oven" is completely misleading since it implies that it is a toaster oven, which, no doubt, was NO accident and carefully named by the company. A far as I'm concerned, it's useless across the board since one can toast bread on a stovetop skillet more evenly than this can do (as I did for months before my boyfriend purchased this without my knowledge). I would not recommend this to anyone, for any reason, unless they were making a purchase strictly based on aesthetics. That is basically the only pro I can see, as listed below.PROS: 1. Supercute.CONS: 1. Ridiculously Difficult To Clean -- I am by NO means a clean freak, but I am fairly meticulous about "runaway" food on the counters, floors and in appliances. It is super hard to adequately clean this appliance with just a rag/paper towel and a quick swipe. The design/construction only allows for half the crumbs that fall to actually land in the crumb tray. The racks partially pull out when the door is opened (WITH the door), and since most crumbs drop when placing items in and out of the toaster, the rest land on the door (which, basically, serves as an extender to the crumb tray). You CAN'T remove the racks (they're somehow attached to the door and move in conjunction with it) so all the crumbs that fall on the door through the rack STAY there. Even when you jiggle, shake, and knock it over the garbage or sink. You need to somehow squeeze your hand in between the door and bottom rack or THROUGH the rack to try and dislodge all the crumbs. There's also a little "lip" on the door, where glass meets metal, and this creates a little crevice for all the crumbs to get stuck in. THEN, there's the space between the door (on the bottom) where it meets the rest of the toaster -- whatever crumbs are loose and DO fall from the door on their own land on THAT ledge and not actually in the crumb tray. It's just poorly designed (for cleaning) all across the board. 2. It's Just A Toaster -- All it does is toast! And unevenly at THAT! It burns rolls, especially, where the element reaches through the racks. Despite the thin gridding on the rack, toasting to more than a golden color leaves a grill-type mark on the bread as if GRILLED. I've experimented with items and the toaster turning the dial to "top & bottom" with things just on the bottom or top, "top" for things on the bottom and vice versa, and, of course, used it as intended ("top & bottom" when toasting items on top and bottom). Items almost always get burned on one side and nicely toasted on the other; there's no happy medium. (I have never used the "Bagel's Best" setting.) If you want things evenly toasted, you need to flip halfway through to ensure so. 3. Not Much Of A Space Saver -- It's got the same basic width and depth measurements as a regular toaster, though, SLIGHTLY more compact, but still only houses 2 pieces of normal-sized bread (3 if you cut one in half and divide between the two racks). I don't see how this item is any way more advantageous than a regular toaster. ESPECIALLY when it costs DOUBLE the amount (according to an Amazon product search at time of review) and as much as a regular toaster OVEN which both toasts AND bakes. 4. The Timer Will Run Without Electricity -- For any energy savers out there, this is for you. I try to unplug whatever I can when not using it since items continuously use up energy even when not in use if still attached to an outlet. I do this with the toaster especially since it's easy to unplug and not used often, but a lot of times I forgot to plug it back in when I stick bread in there. The timer knob will still tick away, falsely giving the impression that it's plugged in, on, and heating your bread. Only til I come back 10 minutes later and see my still cold bread do I realize what I did. A small thing but VERY annoying, ESPECIALLY when you come back expecting to find warm crisp bread in there. Bumm-er! 5. The Provided Trays -- WHAT can anyone do with those things? They're SO small and shallow, I can't imagine them having any actual, functional purpose. For anyone looking to this item, I'd suggest saving your money by getting either a regular toaster or investing a little more for an actual toaster oven which will, no doubt, serve you much more diligently than this thing.
Other reviewers stated this oven made 'perfect' toast. They were right! Fresh cut Italian bread...beautiful. Muffins...perfect. The timer on the toaster takes a little getting used to, but once you find the right time needed to make the toast the way you like it, it's great. Fits in a small space and actually looks 'cute'. The crumb tray comes out easily and you can choose to use either the whole oven or just one of the three elements provided. The trays pop out when you open the door...no more digging out burnt toast from a regular toaster!
I love that this toaster/oven is so compact...BUT "oven" is misleading.It is just a toaster. There are no temperature controls for an oven setting. I have tried to find ways to get around this but failed. If anyone can inform me as how to use it as an oven, I would appreciate it.Also, it is NOT ver easy to clean. The racks are not removable making it hard to clean the inside of the oven or the racks.
An easy-to-use miniature toaster oven / Color - Silver High/Low power control Convenient and easy-cleaning crumb tray Easy to read heating guide on glass door Color - Silver
With the high expense of electricity, it can be costly to turn on a full-size oven for quick toasting and browning tasks. This toaster oven is a simple answer to keep electrical costs down. Use it for toasting bagels that don't always fit in a conventional toaster, or for melting cheese over a favorite sandwich. It can even be used for browning the tops of individual meringue tarts. Standing 13 inches high by 9 inches wide by 8-1/2 inches deep (including the handles), it obviously doesn't require too much counter space. It lets you select the specific elements--there are three: bottom, middle, and top--needed for a particular task. The oven also comes with a 15-minute safety auto shut-off, which is helpful for the busy and easily distracted teenager who maybe preparing their own after school snack. As a precaution, the oven should always be unplugged from the power source when it's not in use or when it's being cleaned. --Teresa Simanton

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Sanyo SK-7W Space Saving Toasty Oven, White:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00004SACQ
Cuisinart DCC-1200 12-Cup Brew Central Coffeemaker, Black and Stainless Steel:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00005IBX9
Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Grinder, Black:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0000AR7SY