Default GAO GPS report

Interesting report
http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO-09-325

highlights
http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d09670thigh.pdf
Gordon

Gordon wrote in news:Ue-
:

http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO-09-325

Same old crap....Buddy Buying "lowest bidder" instead of buying the best
from the brightest....

If we can hand out Trillions to our banker baron buddies, we can buy the
best GPS from the finest company on the planet....not some **** from some
guys in a rented warehouse.

--
-----
Larry

Gordon wrote in news:Ue-
:

http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO-09-325

Ah! I think I found a problem:

AEP Architecture Evolution Plan
DASS Distress Alerting Satellite System
DOD Department of Defense
GNSS Global Navigation Satellite Systems
GPS Global Positioning System
IFOR Interagency Forum for Operational Requirements
JCIDS Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System
L2C second civil signal
L5 third civil signal
M-code Military Code
NASA National Aeronautics and Space Administration
OCS Operational Control Segment
OCX Next Generation Control Segment
OSD Office of the Secretary of Defense
PDOP position dilution of precision
PNT Positioning, Navigation, and Timing
SLR Satellite Laser Ranging
TSPR Total System Performance Responsibility

ACRONYMS!

Gordon wrote in news:Ue-
:

http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO-09-325

"The U.S. government, which plans to invest more than $5.8 billion from
2009 through 2013 in the GPS space and ground control segments
currently under development, provides GPS service free of charge."

Read this closely and think about what it says......

We're NOT getting GPS service "free of charge", damn them all! We're
paying $US5.8 billion dollars for it!

Since when did GOVERNMENT become a for-profit corporation??

I just had to "rent" our local Small Claims Court from the County
bureaucrats for $80 to go after a deadbeat that owes me money. I pay,
dearly, for every bureaucrat's services EVERY year since 1966. Why are
there FEES to use my OWN courthouse?! I'M PREPAID, DAMMIT!

I also have to pay, dearly, to use MY AIRPORT PARKING LOT!

--
-----
Larry
You can tell there's very intelligent life in the Universe
because none of them have ever tried to contact us.....

MMC MMC is offline

"Larry" wrote in message
Gordon wrote in news:Ue-
:

[...]

Yeah Larry, I like the argument about how low our taxes are when compared to
other first world nations. The arguees for some reason can't think beyond
federal income tax. I think I'm at 45-50%.

Larry wrote:

We're NOT getting GPS service "free of charge", damn them all! We're
paying $US5.8 billion dollars for it!

Wrong. You do not have to be a taxpayer to access the system thus it is
free. It's also free of subscription charges.

"mmc" wrote in
ng.com:

Yeah Larry, I like the argument about how low our taxes are when
compared to other first world nations. The arguees for some reason
can't think beyond federal income tax. I think I'm at 45-50%.

I tried to add up my total tax bills to ALL little fiefdoms one year.....

That's no good for your blood pressure after the utility bills and property
loads. I gave away a 10' plastic dingy after the $38 personal property tax
bill caused by putting a SC boat license number ($35 more) on the side of
it so I could put a 3hp outboard motor on the back.

Oh, my effort yielded roughly 66% tax load from all tit suckers....

--
-----
Larry
You can tell there's very intelligent life in the Universe
because none of them have ever tried to contact us.....

On Sat, 09 May 2009 02:12:48 +0000, Larry wrote:

"mmc" wrote in
ing.com:

Yeah Larry, I like the argument about how low our taxes are when
compared to other first world nations. The arguees for some reason
can't think beyond federal income tax. I think I'm at 45-50%.

I tried to add up my total tax bills to ALL little fiefdoms one year.....

That's no good for your blood pressure after the utility bills and property
loads. I gave away a 10' plastic dingy after the $38 personal property tax
bill caused by putting a SC boat license number ($35 more) on the side of
it so I could put a 3hp outboard motor on the back.

Oh, my effort yielded roughly 66% tax load from all tit suckers....

Here in Connecticut, which is often touted as one of the wealthiest
and heavily taxed states, there is no property tax on my dinghy and
the annual registration is $7.50 including the motor.

There is no property tax on the mainship, either. Just $105 a year
(not calculated by value) for a registration decal. Yes, that's really
a tax, but it's not based on value, so it's hard to call it a
"property tax". I know what property taxes are, because I pay those,
too.

The Fishing Report Joe ASA 0 May 25th 07 03:31 PM
Kool-Aid Report Joe ASA 1 March 14th 07 09:13 PM
Piracy Report: 4-4-05 thru 4-16-05 [email protected] Cruising 26 April 22nd 05 09:43 PM
New Boat Report Bobsprit ASA 1 August 10th 04 03:35 AM
Sail Report Bobsprit ASA 0 June 13th 04 02:56 PM