Default Florida may cap taxes on boat sales to $25K...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features...ey/sfl-041509-
luxurytaxes,0,4036039.story

Buying a boat in Florida may get more attractive.....if you have any money
left.

Larry

I've decided to worship Thor. My god has a hammer and isn't
afraid to use it. Your god is a pacifist who got nailed to a
tree.

Any questions?

"Larry" wrote in message
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features...ey/sfl-041509-
luxurytaxes,0,4036039.story

Buying a boat in Florida may get more attractive.....if you have any money
left.

Larry

I've decided to worship Thor. My god has a hammer and isn't
afraid to use it. Your god is a pacifist who got nailed to a
tree.

Any questions?

that was quick! both pages gone already?

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:01:13 GMT, "Hoges in WA"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features...ey/sfl-041509-
luxurytaxes,0,4036039.story

Buying a boat in Florida may get more attractive.....if you have any money
left.

Larry

I've decided to worship Thor. My god has a hammer and isn't
afraid to use it. Your god is a pacifist who got nailed to a
tree.

Any questions?

that was quick! both pages gone already?

The correct URL is:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features...ey/sfl-041509-
luxurytaxes,0,4036039.story

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:44:45 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:01:13 GMT, "Hoges in WA"
wrote:

. ..

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/time-money/money/sfl-041509-luxurytaxes,0,4036039.story

wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features...ey/sfl-041509-
luxurytaxes,0,4036039.story

Buying a boat in Florida may get more attractive.....if you have any
money
left.

Larry

I've decided to worship Thor. My god has a hammer and isn't
afraid to use it. Your god is a pacifist who got nailed to a
tree.

Any questions?

that was quick! both pages gone already?

The correct URL is:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/time-money/money/sfl-041509-luxurytaxes,0,4036039.story

Thank you for that. I hadn't factored in State Tax on a purchase so it was
of interest to me for sure.

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:10:28 GMT, "Hoges in WA"
wrote:

Thank you for that. I hadn't factored in State Tax on a purchase so it was
of interest to me for sure.

There is a little known fact regarding Florida sales tax that may be
of interest. If you buy from a certified non-profit organization, a
donated boat for example, there is no sales tax due on the
transaction. This can lead to some creative possibilities in the
negotiation process where everybody wins.

"Hoges in WA" wrote in message
The correct URL is:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/time-money/money/sfl-041509-luxurytaxes,0,4036039.story

Thank you for that. I hadn't factored in State Tax on a purchase so it
was of interest to me for sure.

If you are thinking of buying a boat in Florida you do not have to pay any
state tax at all if you can get the boat out of Florida within 90 days.
Worked OK for me because I had in any case to ship her by road to Brunswick
Georgia because the sailings from Fort Lauderdale ended up in Holland or Uk
rather than Norway.