Default Rush reads rec.boats.cruising!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...110.guest.html

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: You know what we have learned about the Somali pirates, the merchant
marine organizers that were wiped out at the order of Barack Obama, you know
what we learned about them? They were teenagers. The Somali pirates, the
merchant marine organizers who took a US merchant captain hostage for five
days were inexperienced youths, the defense secretary, Roberts Gates, said
yesterday, adding that the hijackers were between 17 and 19 years old. Now,
just imagine the hue and cry had a Republican president ordered the shooting
of black teenagers on the high seas. Greetings and welcome back, Rush
Limbaugh, the Excellence in Broadcasting Network and the Limbaugh Institute
for Advanced Conservative Studies.

They were kids. The story is out, I don't know if it's true or not, but
apparently the hijackers, these kids, the merchant marine organizers, Muslim
kids, were upset, they wanted to just give the captain back and head home
because they were running out of food, they were running out of fuel, they
were surrounded by all these US Navy ships, big ships, and they just wanted
out of there. That's the story, but then when one of them put a gun to the
back of the captain, Mr. Phillips, then bam, bam, bam. There you have it,
and three teenagers shot on the high seas at the order of President Obama.
David "Rodham" Gergen was discussing the ramifications of this last night.
Let's go to sound bite eight. We'll use number eight. He was on Anderson
Cooper 360 last night. Cooper said, "Does Obama need to move forward in
this --" by the way, the Somali merchant marine organizers have hijacked
four more ships today, four more ships have been hijacked.

It was three earlier today. They've hijacked an additional one now for a
total of four today. And, of course, we predicted this yesterday. While
bestowing upon Obama all the brilliance and credit he deserved for a
brilliant operation, we were very much concerned here that this kind of
action against three young teenagers, black Muslim teenagers on the high
seas could anger the pirates, merchant marine organizers even more and
heighten and increase hijack activity. The left itself warned us of this in
Iraq, they said all we're doing is creating more terrorists. So apparently
we've created more hijackings on the high seas, in the Gulf of Aden by
teenaged black Muslims, the merchant marine organizers. Here's David
"Rodham" Gergen responding to Anderson Cooper's question. "Does he need to
move forward in this situation? Does he need to resolve the question of
these other pirates, their hideouts along the coast there in Somalia, or
does he just kind of move on and hope it doesn't happen again?"

GERGEN: The natural temptation is to want to go in with military force and
clean out those nests of pirates and just demolish them for even touching an
American in the way they did, but there are some complications. Anderson, in
his case this is complicated by his diplomatic outreach to Muslims. He's
done a good job laying the groundwork, reaching out in Turkey as we saw a
few days ago. If he over-responds to this, if he uses force against Muslims
in what seems an excessive way, it could totally undercut his own efforts.

RUSH: It was a risk that he took, no question. But of course until David
"Rodham" Gergen mentioned it last night, nowhere else in the Drive-Bys was
the fact that they were Muslims mentioned. That's why the use of the word
pirates continues. The defense secretary, Robert Gates, said there is no
purely military solution to merchant marine organizing in the region. "As
long as you've got this incredible number of poor people and the risks are
relatively small there's really no way, in my view, to control it unless you
get something on land that begins to change the equation for these kids." A
Pentagon spokesman confirmed Gates' quotes which were first reported in the
American Forces Press Service. There's nothing really we can do until we go
in there and nation build is what he's saying. We gotta go in there and take
care of the situation on land and build up their economy such that these
kids don't feel the need to become merchant marine organizers.
(interruption) What, Mr. Snerdley, you have a question here for your host?
Hm-hm. Hm-hm. Hm-hm. That was then, and this is now.

Mr. Snerdley is incredulous over the comments of the defense secretary that
we can't stop piracy in a military way, there's no military solution. He
pointed out that we have done it before, 200 years ago, and for the longest
time there wasn't any piracy. Well, it's different now, Mr. Snerdley. There
is no pure military solution to this, just like there's no military solution
to terrorism. There's no military solution to anything is what you must take
from this. The Obama administration, no military solution to anything, which
is, of course, one of the foundational building blocks of liberalism, the
military only screws things up. Al Sharpton, the head honcho of the National
Action Network on his syndicated radio show yesterday.

SHARPTON: The so-called pirates, they call themselves voluntary Coast Guard
in Somalia, which may be more apt.

RUSH: Well, there you have it, from one of America's true leaders of the
civil rights movement, the black community, they're not even pirates. They
are voluntary coast guards. So in fact what we have here, according to the
Reverend Sharpton, these young kids, black Muslim kids, three of which were
ordered shot by President Obama on Sunday afternoon, they're just a
voluntary Coast Guard trying to protect Somalia, they're just patrolling off
the coast of Somalia as sort of a voluntary National Guard, so-called
pirates, they're not really pirates, according to reverend Sharpton. He's
confirming me, Mr. Snerdley. Don't look so incredulous. They're just
community organizers and they have decided to organize out on the high seas
as a means of protecting their beloved country, is all this is about.

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 22:49:31 -0400, Sal Monella wrote:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_041409/

content/01125110.guest.html

LOL, tell Rush to update his picture. He hasn't been that thin in 20
years. I guess it's a good thing he's on radio.