MMC MMC is offline

Default Murder on the High Seas

"Larry" wrote in message
Nomen Nescio wrote in
:

The negotiations with the Somalian pirates got to the point where they
were willing to give up the merchant marine hostage for no ransom,
just safe passage back to their families in Somalia. Then Obama orders
them to be murdered. This is worse than torture. The pirates had
harmed no one, they were frightened and just wanted out. For that they
were killed in cold blood. The blood is on Obama's hands.

Where the hell did you get that from? Are you drinkin'?

Someone was "harmed" the instant they came along side the
containership....

IDIOT - PEOPLE HAD GUNS AND PUT THE CREW IN HARM'S WAY!

Larry,
Nomen and Sal are Wilbur. He's just a POS trying to stir things up. I knew
there would be some idiot on the NGs complaining that Obama was too forceful
but this one is just doing it for attention.

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:34:12 -0400, "mmc" wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
. ..
Nomen Nescio wrote in
:

The negotiations with the Somalian pirates got to the point where they
were willing to give up the merchant marine hostage for no ransom,
just safe passage back to their families in Somalia. Then Obama orders
them to be murdered. This is worse than torture. The pirates had
harmed no one, they were frightened and just wanted out. For that they
were killed in cold blood. The blood is on Obama's hands.

Where the hell did you get that from? Are you drinkin'?

Someone was "harmed" the instant they came along side the
containership....

IDIOT - PEOPLE HAD GUNS AND PUT THE CREW IN HARM'S WAY!

Larry,
Nomen and Sal are Wilbur. He's just a POS trying to stir things up. I knew
there would be some idiot on the NGs complaining that Obama was too forceful
but this one is just doing it for attention.

What has Obama to do with it. He couldn't possibly have ordered, in
advance, that the Navy not harm the pirates. That is the only thing he
might have done to to influence things. Even an Admiral standing on
the same bridge usually doesn't meddle with a Captain doing his job.
To do so is an admission the wrong man has the job. Not done very
often, even in combat. After all, the Capt knows the men receiving the
orders.

Casady

Even an Admiral standing on
the same bridge usually doesn't meddle with a Captain doing his job.
To do so is an admission the wrong man has the job. Not done very
often, even in combat. After all, the Capt knows the men receiving the
orders.

Casady

Do you remember the Mayaguez?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayag%C3%BCez_incident

There was some of the finest presidential meddling in that incident. First
real time video ever used to further the micromanagement.

It's political gain first, lives take a third row seat always.

You You is offline

In article ,
Richard Casady wrote:

What has Obama to do with it. He couldn't possibly have ordered, in
advance, that the Navy not harm the pirates. That is the only thing he
might have done to to influence things. Even an Admiral standing on
the same bridge usually doesn't meddle with a Captain doing his job.
To do so is an admission the wrong man has the job. Not done very
often, even in combat. After all, the Capt knows the men receiving the
orders.

Casady

Actually the Captain of the ship doesn't directly command the Seal Team
that is Temporarily Attached to his ship. He can set the "Rules of
Engagement" and give Direct Orders to the Seal Team Leader, but it is
the Seal Team Leader who says "Shoot" or "No Shoot" to the shooters....
and it is the Seal Team Leader who is directly responsible for Shots
Fired....

You wrote in news:you-38AB41.10034915042009
@netnews.worldnet.att.net:

and it is the Seal Team Leader who is directly responsible for Shots
Fired....

And, I don't care who you are.....Would you tell him no?....(c;]

Larry

I've decided to worship Thor. My god has a hammer and isn't
afraid to use it. Your god is a pacifist who got nailed to a
tree.

Any questions?

You You is offline

In article ,
Larry wrote:

You wrote in news:you-38AB41.10034915042009
@netnews.worldnet.att.net:

and it is the Seal Team Leader who is directly responsible for Shots
Fired....

And, I don't care who you are.....Would you tell him no?....(c;]

Yes, absolutely, if I was given a ILLEGAL Order, that violated MY MISSION
Rules of Engagement, which were defined BEFORE I left Base, by my Direct
Commanding Office. There is a Strict, Top Down, Chain of Command for
Seal Teams on Detached Missions, and the Capt. of the Transporting
Vessel, can only get in the middle of that Chain of Command, IF in his
judgement, the actions being contemplated, put HIS "Vessel or Crew" at
Risk, and then he would have to explain his actions to a Board of
Inquiry, that would be called to inquire into his violating the Seal
Teams Chain of Command. A very good way to lose your command, if your
not careful.

Murder on the High Seas - not Marc Heusser[_2_] Cruising 1 April 13th 09 07:18 PM
High Seas Boat Jack? HK General 1 September 26th 07 03:22 PM
Capt RB High Seas Danger!! LLoyd Bonafide ASA 1 July 5th 06 09:12 PM
High-seas broadband access. Marshall Banana General 1 March 22nd 05 09:46 PM
NYTimes: Upstairs, Downstairs on the High Seas Newsbase4 Crew 0 August 4th 03 08:29 AM