Default Government Bids

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House. One
is from Chicago, another is from Tennessee, and the third is from Minnesota.

All three go with a White House official to examine the fence. The Minnesota
contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some
figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure the job will run about
$900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me."

The Tennessee contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says,
"I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100
profit for me."

The Chicago contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the
White House official and whispers, "$2,700."

The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other
guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"

The Chicago contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we
hire that asshole from Tennessee to fix the fence."

"Done!" replies the government official.

And that, my friends, is how the new stimulus plan will work.

"Pugsley" wrote in message ...
[...]

And this differs from the status quo...how, exactly?

KLC Lewis wrote:
"Pugsley" wrote in message ...
Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House.

snip
And that, my friends, is how the new stimulus plan will work.

And this differs from the status quo...how, exactly?

They actually went out and got three bids instead of awarding one of
their former employer/investment's a 'No bid contract' for six times
what it would have cost in a competitive bidding situation, and no one
got electrocuted!

"gwatts" wrote in message
KLC Lewis wrote:
"Pugsley" wrote in message
Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House.

snip
And that, my friends, is how the new stimulus plan will work.

And this differs from the status quo...how, exactly?

They actually went out and got three bids instead of awarding one of their
former employer/investment's a 'No bid contract' for six times what it
would have cost in a competitive bidding situation, and no one got
electrocuted!

Well, there is that. ;-)

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:05:50 -0400, Pugsley wrote:

snip

**** off moron

this hasn't got one goddamn thing to do about boats

*plonk*

"mr.b" wrote in message
m...
On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:05:50 -0400, Pugsley wrote:

snip

**** off moron

this hasn't got one goddamn thing to do about boats

Unlike your post that is filled with boating information?

Oh, wait. Your post has nothing to do with boats either.

Pot......Kettle

*plonk*

*PLINK*

Ass Hole

Government of the Rich Robert Musgine ASA 0 November 23rd 07 07:54 PM
Government Publication Gilligan ASA 2 December 9th 06 04:33 PM
Government Fred Bastiat ASA 4 December 2nd 06 05:07 PM
( OT ) I'M FROM THE GOVERNMENT and I'M HERE TO HELP YOU Jim, General 6 March 31st 05 11:48 PM