Default 3rd murder conviction over MV "Well Deserved" hijack.

I found this news article on our Amateur Radio Newsline report and
thought it appropriate to post it here. How awful.....

"ENFORCEMENT: THIRD CONVICTION IN KA7VWJ - KA7VWK MURDERS

A jury in Santa Ana, California, has found a third defendant guilty in
the murders of Thomas and Jackie Hawks, KD7VWJ and KD7VWK. John
Fitzgerald Kennedy who is described as a former gang intervention worker
for the city of Long Beach was convicted of two counts of first-degree
murder in the killings of a couple tied to an anchor and thrown off
their yacht. Amateur Radio Newsline's Bruce Tennant, K6PZW, picks up
the story from he

--

Forty-three year old John Fitzgerald Kennedy is the third person to be
convicted for the killing of Thomas and Jackie Hawks, who were murdered

The seven-woman, five-man jury deliberated several hours before
convicting Kennedy of the two murder counts. They also found true the
special circumstance allegations of multiple murder and murder for
financial gain.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for Kennedy. They say that he
was recruited as muscle man in the killings.

Under California state law the jury that convicted Kennedy will have to
decide between recommending capital punishment or life in prison without
the possibility of parole.

For the Amateur Radio Newsline, I'm Bruce Tennant, K6PZW, in Los
Angeles.

--

Deputy District Attorney Matt Murphy said the mastermind of the plan to
steal the yacht was former child actor Skylar Deleon. Deleon has

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

It's being covered pretty well by the local rag Latitude 38. There was a big
write-up a few months ago. Quite disturbing.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 04:08:31 +0000, Larry wrote:

Forty-three year old John Fitzgerald Kennedy is the third person to be
convicted for the killing of Thomas and Jackie Hawks, who were murdered
at sea off the Southern California coast on November 15, 2004. This,
after taking men posting as prospective buyers out for a test run on
their 55-foot trawler the Well Deserved.

Five years to convict. Probably ten more before they sniff the gas. It
took almost exact three years, from capture, to kill Saddam.

In 1967 when I was in the USAF my mom sent me a clipping. This guy,
who live a block away in Des Moines, was killed for his boat off
Southern California. Convicted a couple of guys of murder.

Did those idiots think they could sell the boat and get away with it?
Or that the owners wouldn't be missed?

Casady

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:37:38 +0000, Richard Casady wrote:

Five years to convict. Probably ten more before they sniff the gas.

gas? oh no my friend...I think the phrase "poetic justice" comes to
mind, and it needn't be a large anchor either...perhaps one of those nice
little 10lb admiralty style lunch hooks...just enough to make the useless
****er think he had a chance to stay afloat.

"mr.b" wrote in
news
On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:37:38 +0000, Richard Casady wrote:

Five years to convict. Probably ten more before they sniff the gas.

gas? oh no my friend...I think the phrase "poetic justice" comes to
mind, and it needn't be a large anchor either...perhaps one of those
nice little 10lb admiralty style lunch hooks...just enough to make the
useless ****er think he had a chance to stay afloat.

Wouldn't it be more fitting to use Well Deserved's own anchor, letting HER
deal with her hijackers in a fitting way?

Plenty of room, too, for the plank to be rigged up for the ceremony on a
55' trawler's stern....

"Larry" wrote in message
"mr.b" wrote in
news
On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:37:38 +0000, Richard Casady wrote:

Five years to convict. Probably ten more before they sniff the gas.

gas? oh no my friend...I think the phrase "poetic justice" comes to
mind, and it needn't be a large anchor either...perhaps one of those
nice little 10lb admiralty style lunch hooks...just enough to make the
useless ****er think he had a chance to stay afloat.

Wouldn't it be more fitting to use Well Deserved's own anchor, letting HER
deal with her hijackers in a fitting way?

Plenty of room, too, for the plank to be rigged up for the ceremony on a
55' trawler's stern....

Unfortunately, as I understand the story, "Well Deserved's" own anchor had
already been used to drown the owners.

MMC MMC is offline

"mr.b" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:37:38 +0000, Richard Casady wrote:

Five years to convict. Probably ten more before they sniff the gas.

gas? oh no my friend...I think the phrase "poetic justice" comes to
mind, and it needn't be a large anchor either...perhaps one of those nice
little 10lb admiralty style lunch hooks...just enough to make the useless
****er think he had a chance to stay afloat.

I'll donate one. Sounds like a good cause.

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:32:23 -0400, "mmc" wrote:

"mr.b" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:37:38 +0000, Richard Casady wrote:

Five years to convict. Probably ten more before they sniff the gas.

gas? oh no my friend...I think the phrase "poetic justice" comes to
mind, and it needn't be a large anchor either...perhaps one of those nice
little 10lb admiralty style lunch hooks...just enough to make the useless
****er think he had a chance to stay afloat.

I'll donate one. Sounds like a good cause.

You can't drown the guy at sea! No, Never.

because if you do there will be no place for the folks holding the
vigil for the poor, mistreated, victim of the Stale's inhumanity to
man, that blatant disregard of human rights, to stand holding their
candles and singing "we will overcome".

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

In article ,
Bruce In Bangkok wrote:

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:32:23 -0400, "mmc" wrote:

"mr.b" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:37:38 +0000, Richard Casady wrote:

Five years to convict. Probably ten more before they sniff the gas.

gas? oh no my friend...I think the phrase "poetic justice" comes to
mind, and it needn't be a large anchor either...perhaps one of those nice
little 10lb admiralty style lunch hooks...just enough to make the useless
****er think he had a chance to stay afloat.

I'll donate one. Sounds like a good cause.

You can't drown the guy at sea! No, Never.

because if you do there will be no place for the folks holding the
vigil for the poor, mistreated, victim of the Stale's inhumanity to
man, that blatant disregard of human rights, to stand holding their
candles and singing "we will overcome".

and you'll get charged by the USCG for 'fouling the ocean..'

:-)

--
Molesworth

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 09:16:37 -0600, "mr.b" wrote:

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:37:38 +0000, Richard Casady wrote:

Five years to convict. Probably ten more before they sniff the gas.

gas? oh no my friend...I think the phrase "poetic justice" comes to
mind, and it needn't be a large anchor either...perhaps one of those nice
little 10lb admiralty style lunch hooks...just enough to make the useless
****er think he had a chance to stay afloat.

You have that exactly backwards. Give the ****er a PFD. Dump him
hundreds of miles out and let him see how much good it does him.

Casady