Matt Koch

Default Blessed Ducks

The ducks at our club have taken to roosting on our boat, making a
really nice mess of the boat. I have tried a plastic owl but have had
no luck in dissuading the ducks. Funnily enough, these are ducks ith
a sense of politics as this only started happening after my darling
wife became commodore.

Any advice for getting rid of the ducks would be greatly appreciated.
If all else fails, please send recipes (just kidding).

Thanks in advance

Matt
Keith

Pour ammonia around the areas the like to sit. That'll chase them off.

--

Keith
__
"Matt Koch" wrote in message
The ducks at our club have taken to roosting on our boat, making a
really nice mess of the boat. I have tried a plastic owl but have had
no luck in dissuading the ducks. Funnily enough, these are ducks ith
a sense of politics as this only started happening after my darling
wife became commodore.

Any advice for getting rid of the ducks would be greatly appreciated.
If all else fails, please send recipes (just kidding).

Thanks in advance

Matt

Don White

"Matt Koch" wrote in message
The ducks at our club have taken to roosting on our boat, making a
really nice mess of the boat. I have tried a plastic owl but have had
no luck in dissuading the ducks. Funnily enough, these are ducks ith
a sense of politics as this only started happening after my darling
wife became commodore.

Any advice for getting rid of the ducks would be greatly appreciated.
If all else fails, please send recipes (just kidding).

Thanks in advance

Matt

Do you think anyone is feeding them in your area? My hometown is constantly
telling citizens not to 'feed the ducks' at our Public Gardens' hoping to
reduce the flocks output.
see http://www.mcuniverse.com/index.php?261 ( before hurricane Juan)

rhys

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 13:20:16 -0500, "Keith"
wrote:

Pour ammonia around the areas the like to sit. That'll chase them off.

Soak little sponges in bleach. Place sponges in small plastic lidded
containers, like cream cheese tubs (250 ml). Punch 1/4" holes in lids
and close lid over tubs.

Make a loop of masking tape, sticky side out. Stick tub bottoms to
afflicted parts of boat.

My next ideas involve electricity, catapults and "The Passion of the
Ducks", so let's hope these work G

R.

Wim

1) Funnily enough, these are ducks ith
a sense of politics as this only started happening after my darling
wife became commodore.

2) Any advice for getting rid of the ducks would be greatly appreciated.

1) Why don't you complain to the Commodore of your Club ;-)
Make it her problem :-))

2) Or....ask the Commodore for another berth or switch with some one else
g?
--
c ya Wim
www.cork.org

jmax

You might try AOL.
I mean hang the CDs from your boom and maybe the mast. The
spinning/fluttering reflective surface will scare any bird away. I use them
on the white flying rats (sea gals)
Jim

"Matt Koch" wrote in message
The ducks at our club have taken to roosting on our boat, making a
really nice mess of the boat. I have tried a plastic owl but have had
no luck in dissuading the ducks. Funnily enough, these are ducks ith
a sense of politics as this only started happening after my darling
wife became commodore.

Any advice for getting rid of the ducks would be greatly appreciated.
If all else fails, please send recipes (just kidding).

Thanks in advance

Matt

Tom Hunter

Birds tend to dislike movement. Strands of loose rope hanging from the boom,
a pickup bouy suspended from a halyard, anything else that is over the spot
they like to sit and moves will help drive them away.

Of course if your boat is in a very quiet spot with no wave action or breeze
to cause motion your out of luck but it works for me on my mooring and for
friends as well.

"Matt Koch" wrote in message
The ducks at our club have taken to roosting on our boat, making a
really nice mess of the boat. I have tried a plastic owl but have had
no luck in dissuading the ducks. Funnily enough, these are ducks ith
a sense of politics as this only started happening after my darling
wife became commodore.

Any advice for getting rid of the ducks would be greatly appreciated.
If all else fails, please send recipes (just kidding).

Thanks in advance

Matt

Matt Koch

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. I will
definitely try a few over the next few days.

The other thought I had was to use one of those motion ativated
sprinklers they sell for keeping the dogs/cats from using your
backyard as a toilet. Problem is that I think our dock neighbour
would not be too pleased if I did not get the sensitivity setting
right GRIN

Thanks again

Matt