BoatBanter.com

-   -   The Moorings (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/10297-moorings.html)

David Glueck July 3rd 04 10:52 PM

The Moorings

What ever you do, don't charter from the Moorings. I have chartered
from them a dozen times. The last two here a disaster. Since the
founders sold, service has plummeted. And customer service and follow
up is terrible. Write me if you would like a four page letter about
the problems I had in Cannouan.

Rolf July 4th 04 07:03 AM

The Moorings

Has anybody bought an excharter boat from Moorings or other carribean
charter company?
I am thinking of buying a 4 to 5 year old basic boat like a Beneteau
46 and then fully equiping it with the electronics watermaker
electrical sytem that i want. I am thinking of doing this next year
and then take off for the next ten years. I am pretty handy so I want
to do the installations myself, which ahs the advantage that I will
know what is there. The reason for buying an offshore boat is that I
can potentially save the sales tax in the US.

Jere Lull July 7th 04 08:23 AM

The Moorings

In article ,
(David Glueck) wrote:

What ever you do, don't charter from the Moorings. I have chartered
from them a dozen times. The last two here a disaster. Since the
founders sold, service has plummeted. And customer service and follow
up is terrible. Write me if you would like a four page letter about
the problems I had in Cannouan.

Hmmmm. Canouan is a new base for them. A bad experience there is cause
to pan ALL Moorings locations? Seems a bit

--
Jere Lull
Xan's Pages: