Default r.b.c = R.I.P.

pity the dumbassess moved in

--
poking dumbasses in the forehead, one dumbass at a time

I agee. This newsgroup has been invaded by idiots. Worse still is that the
culprits do not know they are the problem.
Steve

m...

Steve Lusardi wrote:
I agee. This newsgroup has been invaded by idiots. Worse still is that the
culprits do not know they are the problem.
Steve

"wordsmith" wrote in message
m...
pity the dumbassess moved in

--
poking dumbasses in the forehead, one dumbass at a time

I'd loan a finger, but in the long run it doesn't really do any good.

Nice try, though!

Richard

Dave wrote:
On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:36:50 -0600, cavelamb said:

in the long run it doesn't really do any good.

It instills in the author a wonderful feeling of self-righteousness, though:
"God, I thank thee that I am not as other men."

I dunno about the feeling of self-righteousness part.

I think I feel more thankful.

More like, there but for the Grace of God go I...

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
said:

in the long run it doesn't really do any good.

It instills in the author a wonderful feeling of self-righteousness,
though:
"God, I thank thee that I am not as other men."

I dunno about the feeling of self-righteousness part.

I think I feel more thankful.

More like, there but for the Grace of God go I...

That's the ticket.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:51:41 +0100, "Steve Lusardi"
wrote:

I agee. This newsgroup has been invaded by idiots. Worse still is that the
culprits do not know they are the problem.
Steve

"wordsmith" wrote in message
om...
pity the dumbassess moved in

--
poking dumbasses in the forehead, one dumbass at a time

The way to fix this of course is with more on topic boating/cruising
posts.

I went for a cruise in the dinghy today since the trawler is hauled
out for bottom painting. It was kind of interesting actually, the
sort of thing we might do on an actual cruise, exploring interesting
looking backwaters and enjoying an hour or two on the water. There
are lots of opportunities here close to home with all of the canals
and creeks branching off from the Caloosahatchie River.

I've been looking at ways of making the dinghy engine more bullet
proof since my little rowing adventuer in the Marquesas Keys last
month. The net result has been a *large* fuel filter permanently
mounted on the transom and plumbed into the fuel hose. I changed the
quick connects on the tank fittings to make them compatible with each
other and can now switch the fuel line from one tank to the other in
seconds. That leaves me with a second fuel line and primer bulb which
could be used as a backup, or to entirely bypass the filter assembly
if necessary.

None of this would be necessary if I confined my dinghy explorations
to a shorter radius but to me half the fun of cruising is getting out
and exploring the backwaters, even if they happen to be 5 miles away.

"wordsmith" wrote in message
news:T9CdnWAvnNQ44jnUnZ2dnUVZ_o7inZ2d@supernews. com...
[...]

I just got back from hauling my boat. Took a bunch of video and a few stills
(I'll post them at some point). The bottom looked pretty good for being
untouched for three years. There was still some zincs left on the strut, and
the cutlass had minimal wear.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:20:19 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

I just got back from hauling my boat. Took a bunch of video and a few stills
(I'll post them at some point). The bottom looked pretty good for being
untouched for three years. There was still some zincs left on the strut, and
the cutlass had minimal wear.

What kind of bottom paint did you use? Three years is pretty good.
Mine looked awful after two years but the yard suspects a faulty prep
job on the previous paint. Some spots were surprisingly good however.
Florida is a tough fouling environment of course.

wrote:

I just got back from hauling my boat. Took a bunch of video and a few
stills
(I'll post them at some point). The bottom looked pretty good for being
untouched for three years. There was still some zincs left on the strut,
and
the cutlass had minimal wear.

What kind of bottom paint did you use? Three years is pretty good.
Mine looked awful after two years but the yard suspects a faulty prep
job on the previous paint. Some spots were surprisingly good however.
Florida is a tough fouling environment of course.

It's an ablative. Interlux Micron 66. I didn't have a diver. If I had it
might have looked better, but I would risk some additional paint loss, due
to the cleaning.

Bizarrely, I thought I was using Pettit Trinidad and thought it was red not
blue. I guess I was thinking of the other boat that got hauled under my
care. The 66 is a better paint, so I'm happy to spend the extra $200 or so.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wordsmith wrote: