Steven Shelikoff

Default Protecting a musical intrument from moisture

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 00:39:08 GMT, beldar wrote:

Steven Shelikoff wrote:

You have a Breedlove? How do you like the JLD bridge system? I have an
Alverez 12-string (not the best I know, but I love the different tone
from the cedar)

Just my $0.02, but I just love cedar topped guitars. I've got an 11
year old Washburn that I take aboard that just SHOUTS when I ask it to,
but it's got such a sweet voice :-) No probs yet with warpage.

It really is a sweet sound and it plays well too. But 12 strings in
general are prone to warpage due to all the stress from the 6 extra
strings.

Steve
Phracktal

"Steve Daniels, Seek of Spam" wrote in message

You take your Larrivee out on the boat?

I decided that the best protection for my Breedlove was the
purchase of a Takamine.

thats probably the best advice ive heard yet.

lol

chris
Roy Jose Lorr

Richard Malcolm wrote:

I am crusing for 2 weeks late July on a 41 ft Sailboat and will stop
halfway thru my trip in Bar Harbor, Me. to play drums at the Bar
Harbor jazz festival. (great to combine work and vacation). I am
wodering if any one has any ideas how I can protect my wooden snare
drum from all the moisture. I was thinking of putting it in a plastic
bag with something that absorbs moisture such as rice (like we do for
salt shakers) Any ideas? I guess I could take my metal snare instead.
thanks

Just curious about how you're planning on protecting the
rest of your kit. Also, if all you're taking is a snare I
wonder what type of jazz you'll be playing... possibly a
minstrel show retrospective?

Richard Malcolm

Roy Jose Lorr wrote in message
Just curious about how you're planning on protecting the
rest of your kit. Also, if all you're taking is a snare I
wonder what type of jazz you'll be playing... possibly a
minstrel show retrospective?

the snare is older and not in the best shape. I am playing in a
dixieland band and may even bring my "rims" set, which have no shells
at all. Not your typical dixieland drum, but it will fit better on the
boat. I use them alot on gigs where I don't need to be too loud and am
traveling by boat. they look funny, but sound fine (not great) If I am
playing with electric guitars such as Blues or Rand B, I will bring my
big set.
Roy Jose Lorr

Richard Malcolm wrote:

Roy Jose Lorr wrote in message
Just curious about how you're planning on protecting the
rest of your kit. Also, if all you're taking is a snare I
wonder what type of jazz you'll be playing... possibly a
minstrel show retrospective?

the snare is older and not in the best shape. I am playing in a
dixieland band and may even bring my "rims" set, which have no shells
at all. Not your typical dixieland drum, but it will fit better on the
boat. I use them alot on gigs where I don't need to be too loud and am
traveling by boat. they look funny, but sound fine (not great) If I am
playing with electric guitars such as Blues or Rand B, I will bring my
big set.

Try not to let the leader stiff you.

That's about the extent of my advice.