map map is offline

Default Diesel fuel. Ensenada to Cabo.

Anybody knows the status of the project to build re-fueling stops?
What are the current viable stops?

"map" wrote in message
Anybody knows the status of the project to build re-fueling stops?
What are the current viable stops?

I don't believe much has happened. You can check on latitude38.com. There
might be something in the archives.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Jan 21, 9:58*am, map wrote:
Anybody knows the status of the project to build re-fueling stops?
What are the current viable stops?

When I have made this trip I stop at Turtle bay and Magdalena Bay.

"map" wrote in message
Anybody knows the status of the project to build re-fueling stops?
What are the current viable stops?

Try sailing.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jeremy" wrote in message
On Jan 21, 9:58 am, map wrote:
Anybody knows the status of the project to build re-fueling stops?
What are the current viable stops?

+When I have made this trip I stop at Turtle bay and Magdalena Bay.

I've not heard that the fuel situation at either place has been
rebuilt/improved. Has this happened? They're both good places to stop, but I
suspect not for fuel. My info could be a bit out of date, but I believe the
only way to get fuel was by hand.. no place to pump it directly.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Jan 21, 11:11*am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Jeremy" wrote in message

On Jan 21, 9:58 am, map wrote:

Anybody knows the status of the project to build re-fueling stops?
What are the current viable stops?

+When I have made this trip I stop at Turtle bay and Magdalena Bay.

I've not heard that the fuel situation at either place has been
rebuilt/improved. Has this happened? They're both good places to stop, but I
suspect not for fuel. My info could be a bit out of date, but I believe the
only way to get fuel was by hand.. no place to pump it directly.

--
"j" ganz

When you get to Turtle Bay, a panga will usually follow you in and see
if you need fuel or other supplies. They last time I was there, they
had an electric pump, but it did need 120V to work.

Basically, tell them how much fuel you need and it will be brought out
to you.

There is a fuel dock there, but I would avoid it. (The panga prices
are the same, but they do appreciate gifts like tee shirts.)

At Mag Bay, head up to Man o War cove. Same drill as Turtle Bay. The
pangas will run into Puerto San Carlos and fetch fuel, ice, etc. No
electric fuel pump, but the panga driver seems adept at siphoning...

A "baja filter" is recommedned at both locations, but the fuel quality
looked OK the last time I was there.

"Jeremy" wrote in message

On Jan 21, 9:58 am, map wrote:

[...]

"j" ganz - Hide quoted text -

March of last year.
map map is offline

"Jeremy" wrote in message

On Jan 21, 9:58 am, map wrote:

[...]

March of last year.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you all for the up-dates...so much for the "escalera nautica"
mega project....