Glenn Ashmore

Default Getting the boat to the water

I started planning from day one on how to get Rutu out of the back yard
and over to Savannah but here is boat moving problem that puts mine to
shame.

A 110' 200 passenger ship being moved to Lake George, NY through
downtown Ticonderoga at 1/10th MPH. Took two days to turn the corner of
the main intersection.
http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/...73947&SecID=33

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Brian Whatcott

NPR reviewed this shipping story this weekend.

Brian W

On Sun, 16 May 2004 09:10:19 -0400, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

I started planning from day one on how to get Rutu out of the back yard
and over to Savannah but here is boat moving problem that puts mine to
shame.

A 110' 200 passenger ship being moved to Lake George, NY through
downtown Ticonderoga at 1/10th MPH. Took two days to turn the corner of
the main intersection.
http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/...73947&SecID=33

Terry King

A 110' 200 passenger ship being moved to Lake George, NY through
downtown Ticonderoga at 1/10th MPH. Took two days to turn the corner of
the main intersection.

I used to rent a house from the Shelburne (Vermont) museum. They moved
THE steamship Ticonderoga from Lake Champlain to the museum grounds by
building a special railway, laying and tearing up track as they went.

The specs:
Length: 220 Feet
Beam: 57.5 Feet
Depth: 11.5 Feet
Draft: 7 Feet
Displacement: 892 Tons

It's really worthwhile to see this and many other Early America objects
at the museum. Electra Web was a maniac about old things being lost, and
she had the money to just "Move Them to Her Place". Like the entire
Colchester Reef Lighthouse.

You can see the lighthouse well, driving South on route 7. I loved giving
directions: "Past the Covered Bridge, 4th house on the right after the
Lighthouse."

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

Capturing Live Music in Sound and Images
http://www.terryking.us