Sparkslaw

Default Peggy: Question on length of hose run

Peggy,

We decided on a Raritan Atlantes (pressurized fresh water w/ internal loop) and
received it yesterday but now our tech has decided that the best spot for the
new holding tank (because of bilge space considerations) is about a 20-foot run
away from the toilet. When he spoke to Raritan yesterday, they thought this was
"way too long". His comment to me is that (1) A Vacuflush could handle this
with no problem so why shouldn't the Atlantes and (2) he has no choice but to
locate the tank where he has planned. He preferred the Vacuflush originally but
I insisted on the Atlantes since comments in this group headed in that
direction.

He plans on putting in an anti-siphon valve for the waste line because there
will be a slight uphill climb away from the toilet for the first ten feet and
then gravity should handle the downhill run to the tank for the last 10 feet.
Does this sound like a reasonable compromise to you?

Thanks.

Peggie Hall

Sparkslaw wrote:
Peggy,
We decided on a Raritan Atlantes (pressurized fresh water w/ internal loop) and
received it yesterday but now our tech has decided that the best spot for the
new holding tank (because of bilge space considerations) is about a 20-foot run
away from the toilet. When he spoke to Raritan yesterday, they thought this was
"way too long".

It is way too far...about 3x further than optimum.

His comment to me is that (1) A Vacuflush could handle this
with no problem so why shouldn't the Atlantes...

That would depend on where the VacuFlush pump is located. The pump for
most toilets including the Atlantes is in the same location as the
bowl...the VacuFlush pump is remote from the bowl. The suction only
pulls the waste from the bowl to the pump...the pump pushes it the rest
of the way to the tank.

and (2) he has no choice but to
locate the tank where he has planned.

Horsehockey! He just wants to sell you a VacuFlush instead. I've yet to
find a VacuFlush dealer that doesn't try to turn customers off of any
other toilet...in fact, will bad-mouth every other toilet and even lie
to do it. Nor have I ever seen a boat on which there's only one place to
put a holding tank.

He plans on putting in an anti-siphon valve for the waste line because there
will be a slight uphill climb away from the toilet for the first ten feet and
then gravity should handle the downhill run to the tank for the last 10 feet.
Does this sound like a reasonable compromise to you?

No. Let's go to email to figure out what you need to do. I've sent a
copy of this reply to the email address you show here...if it doesn't
work email me at peg(dot)hall(at)sbcglobal(dot)net.

--
Peggie