Default Zac has Competition

16 year old Mike Perham from England is giving Zac a run for the
money. This kid has some serious hardware, sailing a Finot Conq Open
50.

http://www.totallymoney.com/sailmike/

wrote in message
16 year old Mike Perham from England is giving Zac a run for the
money. This kid has some serious hardware, sailing a Finot Conq Open
50.

http://www.totallymoney.com/sailmike/

The two of them bring to mind Francis Chichester and Alec Rose, way back
when. The one had a custom built, state of the art yacht(GM IV) and the
other an old cutter. I always preferred Alec Rose's approach. Quietly toddle
off around the world solo and then go quietly home to run your greengrocer's
shop (IIRC). Chichester had all the fanfare and a much bigger boat. Both got
knighted in the end, but it took a while for anyone to notice Alec Rose.

Obviously young Zac is a lot different from Alec Rose but he does appear to
be doing things on a fairly modest budget and learning as he goes. Mike
Perham has a pretty fancy piece of kit to sail on which he appears to have
simply chartered for a few months. Nonetheless, good luck to both of them.
It's an amazing feat - both physically and mentally - for such young guys.

wrote in message
16 year old Mike Perham from England is giving Zac a run for the
money. This kid has some serious hardware, sailing a Finot Conq Open
50.

http://www.totallymoney.com/sailmike/

Any coconut cast adrift gives Zac a run for the money.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:05:27 +0200, "John Seager"
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Gypsy Moth IV was completely rebuilt and is/was on a round the world
trip - probably finished by now. I saw the boat in Thailandf and
talked to (I believe) the professional skipper who told me that all of
Chichester's complaints about the boat were justified.
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

wrote:
16 year old Mike Perham from England is giving Zac a run for the
money. This kid has some serious hardware, sailing a Finot Conq Open
50.

http://www.totallymoney.com/sailmike/

Who is younger? He wins, no matter who finishes first.

Stephen

wrote:
16 year old Mike Perham from England is giving Zac a run for the
money. This kid has some serious hardware, sailing a Finot Conq Open
50.

http://www.totallymoney.com/sailmike/

Mike has complete financial backing with a million dollar race boat.
He's taking the southern ocean route and is to be unassisted and no
stops. Quite a feat and totally different from Zac.

"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message
16 year old Mike Perham from England is giving Zac a run for the
money. This kid has some serious hardware, sailing a Finot Conq Open
50.

http://www.totallymoney.com/sailmike/

Who is younger? He wins, no matter who finishes first.

Stephen

Zac turns 17 next week. Bwahahahahhahahhaha! Can you say LOSER!

Wilbur Hubbard

On 2008-11-21 10:02:13 -0500, Bruce in Bangkok
said:

Gypsy Moth IV was completely rebuilt and is/was on a round the world
trip - probably finished by now. I saw the boat in Thailand and talked
to (I believe) the professional skipper who told me that all of
Chichester's complaints about the boat were justified.

Interesting. Did he cite any examples you can recall?

--
Jere Lull