posted to rec.boats.building

Default Fuel Sender Selection

Has anyone had positive experience with fuel senders?
They seem to be notoriously inaccurate.

I've seen the type with the vertical cork, the hinged cork and the one that
has a tube within a tube (air pressure or and electric sensor?)

I'll be cutting into an aluminium diesel fuel tank to install.

posted to rec.boats.building
FR FR is offline

I have used a lot of WEMA senders.
The old design was aluminum and they were very common to fail. They would
even break a part in the tank.
The newer all welded stainless type showed much better dependability. I
would recommend them.

In the meantime I emailed three tank manufacturers. All three recommeded a
cork-on-a-tube type made by WEMA of Florida.

FYI

"Jimjamie" wrote in message
. ..
Has anyone had positive experience with fuel senders?
They seem to be notoriously inaccurate.

I've seen the type with the vertical cork, the hinged cork and the one

that
has a tube within a tube (air pressure or and electric sensor?)

I'll be cutting into an aluminium diesel fuel tank to install.

posted to rec.boats.building

Subject

A stick with/without marks.

Floats are doomed to die, usually early.

Lew

posted to rec.boats.building
MMC MMC is offline

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Subject

A stick with/without marks.

Floats are doomed to die, usually early.

Lew

Wurst Marine used to sell a sender that mounted on the outside of the tank,
which meant not cutting holes in the tank. I liked the idea, but have been
using dip sticks so long I couldn't come up with a valid excuse the buy one.
I guess that since they don't carry them anymore (just checked) that either
the thing didn't work or just didn't sell.
My graduated (5, 10, 15, and so on) stick has never failed to work!

"mmc" wrote:

Wurst Marine used to sell a sender that mounted on the outside of
the tank, which meant not cutting holes in the tank. I liked the
idea, but have been using dip sticks so long I couldn't come up with
a valid excuse the buy one.

Smart, you saved some money.

I have been involved with level measuring instrumentation business
since 1986, offering all the known technologies except nuclear.

To the best of my knowkedge, there is NO level measuring technology
that is reliable in the marine environment for under $2,000 USD.

$2K buys a lot of dip sticks.

Lew

Fuel sender replacement Jimjamie Electronics 6 September 8th 08 02:47 AM
Adding a Fuel Sender Lowranger General 1 February 4th 05 11:31 AM
4Winns Fuel Gauge (Already did the sender) MGrant0606 General 2 July 26th 04 05:14 AM
fuel sender leaking Donald Camps Cruising 3 October 13th 03 01:31 PM
Fuel sender leaking Donald Camps General 1 October 12th 03 03:24 PM