posted to rec.boats.building

Default two person canoe?

Hi All,
Am looking to build a canoe for my partner and I, this is more a project of
interest than a money saver (arent they all?)

The requirements; to be used on a lake (no river paddling etc) by two
people, me 220lbs, my partner 100lbs.

must be car toppable by two, though length really isnt critical.

nice and stable. We wont be fishing, but not really keen on going for an
unplanned swim and neither of us are veteran paddlers.

In conflict with the last, a bit of speed would be nice! This is more
imprtant than turning ability, and would be willing to sacrifice a bit of
stability for a bit of speed.

Hopefully would be semi comfortable

must be built of ply. Stitch and glue or any other ply method ok

need not be stunningly beautiful

Happy to pay for plans, dont mind a bit of complexity in the build. Have
plenty of resources available, mainly looking for something that will be a
pleasure to paddle.

Thanks!
Shaun

posted to rec.boats.building

On Nov 21, 3:25 pm, "Shaun Van Poecke"
wrote:
[...]

Check out www.oneoceankayaks.com they have a few designs in ply and
even sell one with pre-cut stuff. They are really beautiful and built
for what you are looking for. They also have a lot of info on
building right on their site.

"Shaun Van Poecke" wrote in message

[...]

Hi Shaun
One option is
http://www.bandbyachtdesigns.com/mocci.htm

I'm building a Coresound 17 from the same designer- nice plans and helpful
forum.

Peter HK

Shaun Van Poecke wrote:
[...]

My brother and I built what was called a 6 hour canoe. I believe it was
from Wooden boat. but a google search turned several references

--
Keith Nuttle
3110 Marquette Court

My Favorite Person here is.... Capt. Rob ASA 0 October 28th 05 11:29 AM
Long person cheap canoe Tim Boat Building 8 September 25th 05 11:41 PM
Not one person JAXAshby ASA 50 March 16th 04 11:31 AM
Need 3 or 4 person canoe Sherry Olson General 0 February 17th 04 02:34 AM
Please don't chase me away (Apprentice person) Zyana ~ Beu Ribe Boat Building 11 December 9th 03 04:01 PM