posted to rec.boats.building

Default Thanks and a useful tip.

This post is for Dave Carnell and Barend Migchelsen .I just want to
publicly say "Thank You". I have used much, if not all, of your
knowledge to build myself a great dory with no plans, I'm well aware
of the years it takes to aquire your knowledge and the amount of
time required to post it here for us amateurs to use . You're both
pioneers in the world of boat building. It is people like you, who are
brave enough to constantly question conventional wisdom, that advance
crafts forward for the better. You both are gifted and exceptional.
Thanks again. I couldn't have done it without your knowledge.

On another note, I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this before but ,
while using Dave's talc filler in epoxy, I tried using a $1.00
squeegee that I bought at Home Depot as a fairing utensil and the damn
thing worked like a charm!!! I've taped sheet rock many times before
but the combination of a talc filled epoxy and that squeegee just blew
my mind. The smoothness of the epoxy and how the squeegee conformed to
the boats surface was almost heavenly. I'd highly recommend it to
anyone that needs to do any sort of patch jobs.