posted to rec.boats.building
Senior Member

Default Took the Brockway out.

Took the Brockway (16 x 6 foot flatbottom skiff) out on the lake
yesterday with a borrowed GPS. With the 8 horse on and a full load of
gear and a big dog it got 6.8 mph at full throttle. I did not try
moving stuff forward or anything, just ran as I was fishing. This is
just about what the calculations would suggest, and about what I
figured the hull speed would be. At about half throttle she glides
along at a nice 5 mph after that the speed gain is not proportional to
the throttle, although the bow raise is . I don't think a larger
engine would get any more speed out of it without playing weight shift
games and even then, maybe not, hull speed is hull speed. Next time I
may put on the 2 horse, my sense is that it will push it along at 4-5
mph and that is plenty for an emergency kicker with the fishing I do.
Have a great day, hope you get to go boating today!

Here is the boat:
http://yaimkool.com/