posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.building,rec.boats

Default Sail Boat Insurance - recommendations for LA area sought

Hi,

I am shopping for a new insurance, mine increased the cost of
liability insurance by 100% compared to last year (without any claim
on the contract ever).
Can anyone here recommend good insurers / agents in the LA area?

Thank you!

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.building,rec.boats

...agents in the LA area?

Hey Chris... I don't know about Los Angeles agents as such.
Because I live in a small community near Victorville and Bar-
stow.

But I have a small 27 foot sailboat that I keep in a slip at
a marina in Oxnard, California, that is insured by State Farm.

Course they have a 75 mile "at sea" limit and I can't go further
south than Ensenada. Not that I would want to in my little boat.
(smile)

My annual premium that I last paid in March was $364.00.

Course you may have a lot bigger vessel and your cruising
requirments may be far more extensive than mine as well.

Best regards

Bill

Anacapa Isle Marina
Channel Islands Harbor
Oxnard, California

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.building,rec.boats

Thanks for the recommendations so far!

This endeavor of getting insurance quotes turns out to be pretty
interesting: One gets everything from week long negotiatons with
learnt monkeys which don't even produce a quote in the end, to a
professionally prepared quote within less than 12 hours.

I will post a short summary when I am done.

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 06:15:55 -0300, wrote:

That should be interesting. I am going to about the same thing in Eastern
Canada.

You want interesting, try doing it in south Florida. Bring money.