posted to rec.boats.building

Default Canoe Trailer

So I am working on my sailing canoe and the biggest problemis that i
have no idea of how we are going to solve is the trailer. I am pretty
sure that anything we do we will have to build some custom trailer do
to length and otehr problems. I was considering buying some plans
then having a welder use those plans to make what we need. Some thing
like this http://www.glen-l.com/designs/trailer/canoe-bt.html but i
have no experience with this. The boat is going to be 27' long and
need a place for the two amas at approx. 20' the mast and boom as well
as all of the cross beams and possibly other gear in a box. The other
gear could just as easily be put into the truck but this might be more
convenient. The boat is a modified trimaran version of this
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/garyd/plans.html.

Could anyone please let me know if they have some experience with this
and about how much they think the cost would be. If you are
interested in the work and live in So California I might be interested
in that possibility as well.

Thanks,
Bill

posted to rec.boats.building

I'm building a 29' tri and bought a trailer that was intended for a pontoon
boat. I moved one set of bunks to the centerline for the main hull to ride
on and will one of these days work out the details of the racks for the
floats and crossbeams. It's a good start.
I bought it new and the manufacturer extended the tongue and substituted a
different style of winch stand at minimal added charge.

ups.com...