posted to rec.boats.building

Default Searching for F/glass Catamaran 10+ m with galley on the deck rather..?

I am searching for name of the manufacturer of used or new catamaran
10+ to 15 m
which have the galley on the deck of catamaran ( between the two
hulls) rather than in one of the hull.

I have seen these types of catamarans in Australia but I can't
remember the name.

If anyone remembers please post back on this thread.

George

posted to rec.boats.building

wrote in message
s.com...
I am searching for name of the manufacturer of used or new catamaran
10+ to 15 m
which have the galley on the deck of catamaran ( between the two
hulls) rather than in one of the hull.

I have seen these types of catamarans in Australia but I can't
remember the name.

If anyone remembers please post back on this thread.

That is an option on most modern bridgedeck cats.

Try typing: catamaran design "galley up"

into google, one of the 300-odd returns will be what you're looking for.

There are many australian catamaran designers, if the boat was indeed
australian Seawind, Crowther, Perry, Lightwave, Schionning wuld get you
started.

Ian

posted to rec.boats.building

On Mar 6, 5:04 pm, "Ian George" wrote:
wrote in message

s.com...

I am searching for name of the manufacturer of used or new catamaran
10+ to 15 m
which have the galley on the deck of catamaran ( between the two
hulls) rather than in one of the hull.

I have seen these types of catamarans in Australia but I can't
remember the name.

If anyone remembers please post back on this thread.

That is an option on most modern bridgedeck cats.

Try typing: catamaran design "galley up"

into google, one of the 300-odd returns will be what you're looking for.

There are many australian catamaran designers, if the boat was indeed
australian Seawind, Crowther, Perry, Lightwave, Schionning wuld get you
started.

Ian

Ian

Just like you I thought the galley (kitchen) of the Seawind was
standard

I rang Seawind in Sydney and was told this is NOT an option on any
Seawind
http://www.seawindcats.com/index.pl?page=137

The galley on the Seawind is on the starboard.

it must be an after design.

I'll try your search tip Try typing: catamaran design "galley up"
and the other designs

Guy

wrote:
On Mar 6, 5:04 pm, "Ian George" wrote:
wrote in message

s.com...

[...]

Hi Guy, I thought the seawind 1200 was galley up, but could easily have been
mistaken about that.

I know the lightwaves (which are Grainger designs. I believe) have the
galley up option

http://www.lightwaveyachts.com/

Farrier's F41 has the option too. I am certain it's an option on
Schionnings.

Of course, I think almost all the French boats have this as an option now.

Cheers
Ian